Hawaii's Horror--a photo essay of my sleepless night.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bee-keepers set the legs of their hive stands in can's of oil to keep crawly critters from climbing into the hives. You could do the same with the legs of your bedframe. Not the most elegant solution, but if I'm trying to ward off 10" centepedes elegant goes out the window real quick.

-Ben M.

cool idea. You know, in the desert, campers place jars in little trenches dug into the sand to trap the scorpions. If it gets any worse (one more) I will.

:D
catherine96821:
cool idea. You know, in the desert, campers place jars in little trenches dug into the sand to trap the scorpions. If it gets any worse (one more) I will.

Tell me again...what's it like to live in Paradise...:D :D :D :D

kidspot:
at least they are mostly harmless... but it's so hard to go to sleep with a spider the size of your hand hanging on the ceiling above your head isn't it?
It wasn't the hanging on the ceiling I minded, I freaked when it fell on top of me.
Don't think I ever got out of bed that fast before.
Turtleguy9

catherine96821:

And to think I was going to housesit for you!

well, we had a rat that fell in the pool, got disoriented and climbed the stairs and got in my bed, all cold and scared and shaking. THAT was gross.

Paradise is not all it cracked up to be folks.

catherine96821:
well, we had a rat that fell in the pool, got disoriented and climbed the stairs and got in my bed, all cold and scared and shaking.
You or the rat?

BTW, for rats/mice, try the RatZapper, works on 4 AA batteries, just seems to send their hearts in fibrillation. No mess.

MoonWrasse:
You or the rat?

BTW, for rats/mice, try the RatZapper, works on 4 AA batteries, just seems to send their hearts in fibrillation. No mess.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

oh gosh, I am laughing so hard....moon wrasse...have you seen the old timer with the shark zappers for sale? he has a thread.....run buy me one please. (I don't have 87.50) I could use it on the centipedes, the rat...the daughter. The PITA people did not like the one we used on the cows at team pennings though....we don't want them showing up here on SB.

Turtleguy9:
It wasn't the hanging on the ceiling I minded, I freaked when it fell on top of me.
Don't think I ever got out of bed that fast before.
Turtleguy9

I can only imagine ... IIR they are the same spider they used in the movie "Arachnaphobia" years ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom