Hawai'i here we come

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sorry you won't get to see Kauai (not only great diving, but the island that epitomizes what people think of when they imagine Hawaii). Manta dive is a must. Look up Maui Dreams for a great time in Maui.

You have picked the right time for shore diving in Kona. Usually we are between the Summer South swell and before the Winter NW swells hit. Vis is usually 80-150 ft and water temps 77-79.

If you are looking for personalized private boat diving - just your group - check out my web site UnderwaterAdventuresHawaii.com

Hope you have a great trip!

Agree with the Feast At le le post the luau was really intimate and beautiful you have a personal table and waiter love love loves it. Gotta book in advance. Also thought the Maui Ocean Center was really worth while and got to see a baby tiger shark they had at the time in the big tank. Please post your experiences when you get back from your trip! I live on Kauai and am always looking for geat shops on the outer islands to try!:popcorn:

We will be staying in Kihei on Maui. And we certainly don't expect "marginal" diving. We want to see the lava formations, the turtles, the mantas. Being from WV we tend to dive in cold dark lakes and look at catfish!:rofl3: We will be very happy with the diving. We want to thank you all for the info you are providing. This helps us alot!

We think its worth the drive at least once during your stay on Maui, to drive to Lahaina to take a boat diving trip to Lanai. We like diving w/ Extended Horizons. Yes, its an early morning, to be there by 6:45 for boat check in, but its worth it to see the Cathedrals, etc. .. we'll be on Maui in just 17 days, but who's counting! :D:D

ps. Our fav. shop in Kihei is B & B Scuba.

Take care, Maggi

Gerry and I dove with Shaka Doug in December 08 for 2 days. What a guy! This was our first ocean dive and we had a blast. Doug is very knowledgable and took great care to show us everything that was there to see.

We think its worth the drive at least once during your stay on Maui, to drive to Lahaina to take a boat diving trip to Lanai. We like diving w/ Extended Horizons. Yes, its an early morning, to be there by 6:45 for boat check in, but its worth it to see the Cathedrals, etc. .. we'll be on Maui in just 17 days, but who's counting! :D:D

ps. Our fav. shop in Kihei is B & B Scuba.

Take care, Maggi

Definitely looking foward to your trip report!

Agree with the Feast At le le post the luau was really intimate and beautiful you have a personal table and waiter love love loves it. Gotta book in advance. Also thought the Maui Ocean Center was really worth while and got to see a baby tiger shark they had at the time in the big tank. Please post your experiences when you get back from your trip! I live on Kauai and am always looking for geat shops on the outer islands to try!:popcorn:

We will definitely post trip reports. I think WV has been in contact with Shaka Doug. We really appreciate all this info we are getting. We like to research places before we go and it's the things people tell us about that aren't in the travel books that are so special.

We will definitely post trip reports. I think WV has been in contact with Shaka Doug. We really appreciate all this info we are getting. We like to research places before we go and it's the things people tell us about that aren't in the travel books that are so special.

What shop can we use just to pick up full tanks and drop off empties on each of the islands? We will be mostly shore diving.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom