Hawaii Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaLuuke

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys, can anybody tell me how the diving is in hawaii, I am thinking about traveling there this summer to continue my dive education? If you can refer any good dive operators near Honululu or Waikiki Beach that would be awesome?

I don't know much about Honolulu (I tend to stick to Maui and the Big Island) but I can tell you that Hawaii diving is great, and while the summer can be a bit warm, I can't think of many other placed I'd want to be. Nice structure, interesting life, lots to see and a wide range of diving options both on and off the shore.

While it's not strictly a diving perk, one of the real advantages to Hawaii that keeps me going back is the variety of other things to do. There are a lot of great tropical places to go and dive, but many aren't good for much else. Hawaii doesn't have that problem and unless you plan to live in the water (which is a viable option), there's a nice amount of diversity in activities.

I am planning on taking my divemaster class, and hopefully staying with that dive operator for employment as a divemaster on one of their charters perhaps. We'll see how that works out though!

Oh if the oppurtunity is out there, I will spend my time as a fish, in the water at all times, for the summer

My friends there say that it is VERY expensive. Yu will need some cash to do this. Leesa will tell you...

Hey that mssg under ecudiver was still me, scubaluuke, just on my roomates comp cuz mine was acting funny, sorry for confusion. Leesa please hit me with some knowledge?

Hey, give me some knowledge too!

I'm getting bummed seeing all these post's of people moving to Hawaii!

I think I'll start a thread.

Back
Top Bottom