Having trouble getting gloves that work for me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

satwar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I dive in cold water (~45F), so I selected 5mm gloves. Originally used 7mm, but lost too much dexterity. I struggle to get the second glove on, so am using XL size. I'm still frustrated with the extra 1/2 - 3/4 " of excess glove material extending beyond the end of my finger.

Any suggestions on what to do or try ?

If they are neoprene cut the very top tips of the thumb, index and middle fingers. If your core is warm you will not even notice any cold.

If they are neoprene cut the very top tips of the thumb, index and middle fingers. If your core is warm you will not even notice any cold.

But my fingers get tingly at 45 F for 20 minutes, but my core is comfy at 45 F. Maybe could try stitching back together.

That would assume they're wearing a drysuit....

Satwar, if you are wearing a drysuit, just switch to dry gloves. If you're wearing a wetsuit, for the love of god switch to a drysuit! Woof - 45 degrees in a wetsuit...

All the best, James

All the best, James

Satwar, if you are wearing a drysuit, just switch to dry gloves. If you're wearing a wetsuit, for the love of god switch to a drysuit! Woof - 45 degrees in a wetsuit...

All the best, James

All the best, James

James:

If you are responding to my comment - I have "wet" gloves by them that are exceptional....

+1 on the 4th element... the ones that look like black spiderman gloves are the ones I use and they are like a second skin.

I'm thinking at 45deg... I'm usually wearing dry gloves and swimming with my hands above me for the heat.

All the best, James

All the best, James

Dry suits introduce a whole new aspect to bouyancy control, which I'm not ready for. I still don't have the wet suit mastered yet.

rhwestfall:
James:

If you are responding to my comment - I have "wet" gloves by them that are exceptional....
Well, yes I was responding to your comment, and my appoligies. Learn something every day!

All the best, James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom