Having the Hog Reg serviced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And here I was, thinking how refreshing it is for a dealer to work with their customers and let their customers take responsibility for their own gear and servicing options. Thanks, Chris! :thumb:

I encourage my dealers to offer the TDI/HOG repair specialty for those technical diving consumers that wish to work on their own regs and then continue to foster a mentoring environment.

What topic are you better informed on and what misconceptions?

Steve is the most active instructor for the TDI/HOG Repair specialty and is at times better informed than i am on the course I developed :)D)

It's obvious to him (and me) that you have heard some assertions about what EDGE/HOG does that has been spread around the industry by people that quite simply are afraid of our approach.

This may help you

International Training :: Professional Level eNewsletter :: EDGE GEAR and TDI announces a Dive Industry first! :: English

http://www.tdisdi.com/index.php?did=450&site=1

Active or not, he certainly could work on his approach :wink:. His last post did nothing to help the reader by clarifying what NCadiver was confused on. He simply took the pompous approach, claimed to know it all but offered to share none of it.

Steve is the most active instructor for the TDI/HOG Repair specialty and is at times better informed than i am on the course I developed :)D)

cerich you need to post that information on you website as well.

huh??? What's wrong with what I put now on all the regulators? It lays it out pretty clear...

Second Stage

"
EDGE/HOG highly recommends that non qualified individuals seek professional training/mentoring before attempting repairs or servicing on EDGE/HOG products. EDGE/HOG dealers are also able to perform all warranty, repair and service work on your EDGE/HOG product. EDGE/HOG recommends that divers participation in more advanced technical and exploration type diving be trained in equipment service and has made HOG Service Clinics available thru the participating EDGE/HOG dealers.
When attaching a hose to the "end" 5th Low Pressure port it is recommended you lightly apply Tribo Lube 71 to the threads."

Active or not, he certainly could work on his approach :wink:. His last post did nothing to help the reader by clarifying what NCadiver was confused on. He simply took the pompous approach, claimed to know it all but offered to share none of it.
I don't have an obligation to share with anyone, when I choose to do so it is typically with people who are interested in learning. Perhaps OP is the exception or perhaps I was just indulging in a little pig wrasslin' in the mud.

Learners ask questions, politely. Although phrased as a question, what OP posted was a technically fallacious and grammatically ignorant rhetorical taunt undeserving of a response. He didn't join this thread looking to learn, he came here looking for a fight - what us old-timers used to call trolling. Despite that, I gave him some advice that I thought might help him - or others - on the path to learning. If I wasn't on point enough for you, consider that it might be necessary for OP to do some back-filling and un-learning before he is ready to move on to more advanced concerns. If I wasn't friendly enough to suit you, well, I'll leave you in charge of giving him the snogging you think he deserved.

As to my credentials, I first stated diving in 1970, these days most of my diving is deep technical wreck diving in the cold waters of the Great Lakes. I also work in the repair room for a very busy dive shop. Like most repair guys, money isn't the primary reason I work on regulators. Instead, I enjoy the focus it requires, the fine hand-work and I find a sense of satisfaction and relaxation from the process. I work on many hundreds of regulators every year and have been through almost every manufacturer training program out there, many of them more than once over the years. I'm also an instructor for more than one agency and have taught many hundreds of students how to dive. As Boss Hog pointed out, I've even taught a bunch of folks how to work on his regulators, maybe more than anyone. Simply put, I am an expert on the subject. It's entirely possible I'm also a crank, at least occasionally. Certainly, I don't suffer fools well.

If OP has questions, let him ask them nicely. Otherwise, he can go jump in a lake. That's not a bad thing, is it?

Reefraff climb of you high horse, ScubaSteve was right on point. You did answer the question. Cerich had to fill in you background. You are the one trolling here I ask a valid question and I finally got a answer.

My expert who are also my friends were opening dive center before you were certified so your credentials don’t impress me, but answering my question may.

Last edited:
Wow... to get back on target. I have had only positive dealings with Chris (owner of Edge Gear) and with DRIS. I also thought that both ReefRaff and Chris handled what I view as trolling posts with much more kindness then they needed to. The tone of a post is everything and asking snarky questions designed more to make a point then glean information is a dick move.

Have the best day ever.

Michael

Reactions: Jax
Today I went to my LDS and talked to the technician regarding servicing EDGE regs. He didn't know what they were and was a little hesitant, but when I told him that you can get the replacement parts kit for them he said he is pretty sure he could do it.

This would prompt me to go somewhere else. To me, it would be like an auto mechanic telling me they'd never heard of NGK or Spicer. It would have me questioning both their experience and their enthusiasm for their job.

Wow... to get back on target. I have had only positive dealings with Chris (owner of Edge Gear) and with DRIS. I also thought that both ReefRaff and Chris handled what I view as trolling posts with much more kindness then they needed to. The tone of a post is everything and asking snarky questions designed more to make a point then glean information is a dick move.

Have the best day ever.

Michael

divermike1011 your are the one trolling.This is what on there website "EDGE/HOG highly recommends that non qualified individuals seek professional training/mentoring before attempting repairs or servicing on EDGE/HOG products.".

Now divermike1011 explain how air tech does not fall into this category. That why I ask my question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom