Question Have you ever been asked for your Bonaire Marine Park tag or printout other than for check in or park entrance?

Have you ever been asked for your Bonaire Marine Park tag or printout other than for check in?

• No, I have never been asked for my marine park tag or printout

Votes: 34 75.6%
  • Yes, I have been asked for my marine park tag or printout

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • 1 trip to Bonaire

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • 2-5 trips to Bonaire

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • 6-10 trips to Bonaire

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • 11-15 trips to Bonaire

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • 16-20 trips to Bonaire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • >20 trips to Bonaire

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
This question was asked in another Bonaire thread, an interesting one, credit to @Doctorfish. This poll asks that question as well as the number of trips you have made to Bonaire.

Include any other details in a post

I do believe that once many moons ago an official was looking for tags on divers coming up from the Hooker. I figured if I was gonna spot check that would be a good high traffic site to hit in the am.

I do believe that once many moons ago an official was looking for tags on divers coming up from the Hooker. I figured if I was gonna spot check that would be a good high traffic site to hit in the am.
I have never heard firsthand from anyone who was asked, but the poll reveals it does happen. Now that the "tag" is not wearable and so can't be passively observed by an official and takes time for a diver to find and pull out, I have been wondering whether we are even LESS likely to be asked to show it.

I have never heard firsthand from anyone who was asked, but the poll reveals it does happen. Now that the "tag" is not wearable and so can't be passively observed by an official and takes time for a diver to find and pull out, I have been wondering whether we are even LESS likely to be asked to show it.
I was also surprised that 3 of the first 10 poll respondents have been asked for a permit.

For the last two visits, I have put my printed tag in a small dry bag and tucked it into one of my weight pockets, just in case.
1666806707238.png

For the last two visits, I have put my printed tag in a small dry bag and tucked it into one of my weight pockets, just in case.
I laminated mine for my first couple of trips under the new non-plastic tag regime, but I don't think I will bother in the future. I suspect we who carry it on us are in the minority; most probably just keep a paper copy in their vehicle, which, I think, is all one is required to do. Do the STINAPAcops really want to take the time to come with divers to their vehicles and wait while the divers rustle through their stuff looking for their printout? (I'm assuming most people don't leave phones in their vehicles, but those who do probably have some sort of lockbox, and that too would take time to open).

I would have to assume they are putting the responsibility on the watersports/tour operators. Check that they have paid before handing over any gear or taking them one a tour. Besides to its in their best interest to keep an eye on things, like a single diver with an unlimited package that's consistently pulling 6 tanks a day.

I would have to assume they are putting the responsibility on the watersports/tour operators. Check that they have paid before handing over any gear or taking them one a tour. Besides to its in their best interest to keep an eye on things, like a single diver with an unlimited package that's consistently pulling 6 tanks a day.
And we got souvenir tags from Dive Friends Sand Dollar/Den Laman this year when we checked in with our printed tag Souvenirs from Bonaire

3 times in 3 years :)

Now I guess they don't ask anymore, because they know who I am

I'm surprised that a quarter of respondents have been asked for their marine park tags.

Could those 6 who have already responded, or others who have been asked to see their tags, please let us know if this was with the old plastic tags on your BC or the new printed tags?

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom