Have you done a search?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Orans

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Most members have heard this question at least once or twice in their SB career.

To make it easier for new members to find what they're looking for, some new functionality has been created...

Drumroll, please...

>> Has this been asked before? <<

If a member creates a thread in Basic Scuba Discussions, New Divers & Those Condisering Diving or Introductions & Greets, they'll notice that a new button has been added next to the thread title field. If that button is clicked, a search will be started in all thread titles with the new thread title as a search criterium.

Here's an example for Basic Scuba Discussions:
http://www.scubaboard.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=2

Happy hunting! :)

Wow! How neat is that...?!

Thanks...!!

That rocks!

Joe

Cool....good job mate....thanks

Nice job El,

Any thought of extending it to some of the other popular forums. Like some of the travel ones(Greater Caribbean, Cozumel etc., Charter Boats and Liveaboards) or Buoyancy Control Devices.

I can't count the number of times I've seen the same question about Bonaire, Cozumel etc. Or Blackbeards questions. Or Cruiseship dive options at various ports. Not to mention the insane amount of BP/W vs. BCD posts.

Why have this functionality in the Intros/Greets? Doesn't seem to be a lot of overlap there since everyone posting is new. Just curious...

Hopefully this also cuts down on the Leisurepro/Scubatoys vs. LDS threads.

sjspeck:
Why have this functionality in the Intros/Greets? Doesn't seem to be a lot of overlap there since everyone posting is new. Just curious...
Seemed like a wonderful idea to me. Brand new members are directed at sign up to the Intros forum, but they often post questions instead of Intros. Maybe this will help them get their answers faster?
Hopefully this also cuts down on the Leisurepro/Scubatoys vs. LDS threads.
No way. :lol2:

Brand new members are directed at sign up to the Intros forum, but they often post questions instead of Intros. Maybe this will help them get their answers faster?
Good point, I hadn't thought of that...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom