Has anyone used 1/16" bungee on computers, etc.?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SparkySFD

Reaction score
I had 1/8 bungee's on my computer. Had it just right for a wetsuit. Tried to stretch it over drysuit rings and BAM pin popped off. Ive got to figure a better way.

The 1/8 I have feels like it "gives a little hard". Bad explanation but dont know exactly how to say it. Would have thought is would give a little easier. Was wondering if the 1/16 would give more? I think the 1/8 puts quite a bit of pressure on the pins of my Suunto Vytec. 1/16 would eliminate this problem.

Also wondering if 1/16 is not stout enough for the job. Is 1/8 the smallest you should go?

SparkySFD:
I had 1/8 bungee's on my computer. Had it just right for a wetsuit. Tried to stretch it over drysuit rings and BAM pin popped off. Ive got to figure a better way.

The 1/8 I have feels like it "gives a little hard". Bad explanation but dont know exactly how to say it. Would have thought is would give a little easier. Was wondering if the 1/16 would give more? I think the 1/8 puts quite a bit of pressure on the pins of my Suunto Vytec. 1/16 would eliminate this problem.

Also wondering if 1/16 is not stout enough for the job. Is 1/8 the smallest you should go?
I found some black 1" wide elastic band at the fabric store (hey, I went in for that OK :54: ) and used that around both my SK7 and Vyper. Glued and sewed the overlap joint. Works very nicely, with plenty of stretch for the drysuit, but still snug for the 3mm.

I have used 1/16th bungies and they are just fine. You can get it from dive-rite express specifically for this, or from westmarine.

ABQdiver:
I found some black 1" wide elastic band at the fabric store (hey, I went in for that OK :54: ) and used that around both my SK7 and Vyper. Glued and sewed the overlap joint. Works very nicely, with plenty of stretch for the drysuit, but still snug for the 3mm.

yea sure just for the elastic huh :wink: ...
you can buy heavy duty elastic at the manly-man home depot...and then stop for a beer on the way home :beer_yum:

ABQ...dont feel threatened dude....my fabric shop knows me well. Every time I go in there they ask me what am I fabricating now for my dive gear. The last thing I made was with 4 inch tought elastic which I doubled over and sewed in a circle. I undid a strap clip and slipped the strap though the circle. I use the elastic to hold my simple digital or film camera. Nice tight grip....no coming loose and floating around to get snagged. Works great.

RICHinNC:
ABQ...dont feel threatened dude....my fabric shop knows me well. Every time I go in there they ask me what am I fabricating now for my dive gear. The last thing I made was with 4 inch tought elastic which I doubled over and sewed in a circle. I undid a strap clip and slipped the strap though the circle. I use the elastic to hold my simple digital or film camera. Nice tight grip....no coming loose and floating around to get snagged. Works great.
Not particularly "threatened", it's one of those; Get the stuff you need and get out kind of places. I also found McNetts adheasive to attach the new bellow pocket to the drysuit too.

Now where do they stock the tampons, my wife sent me for??? :54:

ABQ

I told my wife before we got married to make sure, "she was stocked up at all times". I was never going to pick those up for her. Some things in this world just shouldnt be messed with, cats should not sleep with dogs, etc., etc.

I did order a dive rite strap. Was going to make one but wasnt worth the hassle. This one is supposedly depth compensating. I do intend to sew a elcheapo watch band on the end to keep it from coming undone accidentaly. Kinda like a double lock.

I like everyones cinch type strap ideas. I could never find a hole on a waterman strap that felt right. Just to particular I guess. The infinite adjust on a cinch strap, I think is the way to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom