Has anyone tried these no name rechargeables before?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Progen

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
$T2eC16FHJHgE9n0yDjO9BQ+88Vm9zQ~~60_12.JPG

9500mAH sure sounds like a lot of juice for these batteries and at USD12.19 for the 4 of them, it sure sounds too good to be true and sometimes it is because I've gotten no name batteries for a mobile phone before and the battery held less power than the 3 year old original one.

Has anyone tried these or something like these before? I seriously need to consider rechargeables since I've gotten the UK SL3 and am considering the Light Cannon both of which run on C size batteries. During the latter part of this year, I expect to do a lot of diving so it'd be good if I can save on batteries.

Those could be chinese mAh (like chinese lumens), divide by 2 and you might be in the ballpark figure of actual capacity...

Who is selling them or where are you purchasing them from ?

Quite a lot around on eBay. The ones in the image above are the nicer ones. Most have no labels and are just plain green.

I'm not so concerned about the actual capacity. More concerned about how many cycles they can go through. For that price, if I can get 5000mAH for a few hundred cycles, I'll be happy enough.

Dont....
I have bought lots of those cheap ebay re-c.bat..
And they all suck. Lol.
Get good brand ones! Trust me, it will be cheaper in the long run :)

Sendt fra Samsung Galaxy S2, via Tapatalk forum app.

+1 get a well know brand to start with, cheaper in the long run!

Yeah, I know the part about getting what you paid for but I think I'll take the risk with these and give them a try. Ordered 6. Will let everyone know how they turn out after I've brought them for a few dives. If they screw up, then I'll go for some brand name rechargeables.

I have 6 10,000 mAh D cell LSD batteries from here.
Bought them few years back and still have amazing runtimes. Granted they were $10 each...

I have 6 10,000 mAh D cell LSD batteries from here.
Bought them few years back and still have amazing runtimes. Granted they were $10 each...

Were they anywhere near 10,000 mAH in real life situations?

Anyway, my risk has just increased because I bought another 6. Have ordered both the UK Light Cannon eLED and SL3 eLED so I need a total of 11 batteries. Wouldn't be fair to rate them if the tests consisted of different batteries inside each lamp.

If they're crap, then it's my loss and your gain. If they work well enough, it's my gain but nobody else's gain though because I suspect a lot of these online sellers are merely brokers for the same factories and they have no idea or concern for which batches they got their stock from. Some batches might work better than others.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom