Has anyone tried Garden Cove Dive Center

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A little more perusing of the forum would also show us giving kudos where it is due. We spend FAR more time recommending excellent dive ops than we do the occasional pointing out of where someone went wrong.

I for one look forward to Garden Cove's fixing their problems so I can take advantage of their cool 3-tank dive deal, and I know I'm not alone in this.

Well, I will give a full report after my trip in august. I really like the three tank deal, especially since I will be bringing my own tanks (steel 130's) with my own mix for the grove.

Whining? Geeze. I thought I was reinforcing my point. That's what it's called when you do it, right? :idk: Or is it only whining if you can't get the last word? :swordfight:

Gimme a break.

I said what I needed to say. To any further points and/or counter-points please refer to my previous posts. Thank you and good day to you all. :admingreet:

Thank you and good day to you all. :admingreet:

Why thanks. Good day to you too :wavey:. See you on the Florida Forum....well I don't post much....I watch in disbelief more than anything :wink:.

a triple dip with your own large tanks and mix. Thats is the way to go.

A little more perusing of the forum would also show us giving kudos where it is due. We spend FAR more time recommending excellent dive ops than we do the occasional pointing out of where someone went wrong.

I for one look forward to Garden Cove's fixing their problems so I can take advantage of their cool 3-tank dive deal, and I know I'm not alone in this.

I also look forward to hearing more positive posts abut this operation in the future. You just can't beat the 3 tank deal, and I personally thought for a 6 pack, it was very roomy.

Class was shown in this thread... Both high class and low class. For those who chose high class, good for you

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

While we understand your frustration at the poor service you feel that you received, we ask that you not perpetuate drama by cross posting from another board. Parts of this post referencing that have been removed and we ask that everyone posting here keep this discussion civil

Thank you for your cooperation!
Carolyn:shark2:
SB Moderator

I'm just a customer, I don't live in Key Largo, I don't work in the dive industry. Prior to diving with GC, I knew no one there and other than a few things I've learned (all of which I take with a grain off salt) after my post and from speaking with the owner, all I know about employment issues at GC are what can be seen as a customer.

The first time we dove with GC was great and that day Becky wasn't there. The second time when the fiasco occurred Becky was there. Becky was the entire cause of our fiasco.

Like I said in an earlier post, Larry (the owner) called me and addressed my concerns. My impression of him from our conversation is that he is a real decent guy and genuinely interested in providing a great product. My feeling after speaking with him is that I would give GC another try. While, I was bummed to hear he lost what I thought was a great captain and mate, I have confidence that Larry probably picked a good replacement. Larry also told me that sometimes he is the captain and based on my conversation with him, it sounds like he'd be a great captain.

From my view and experiences, Garden Cove only has one problem: BECKY! The other woman (can't remember her name) who was in the shop the first time we went was great, the captain (Mike) and dive master (Jenn) were great and Larry the owner was great.

I don't know Becky, I've seen her for 20 minutes in my life on June 19 when her sloppiness caused unhappy customers and her lack of understanding of nitrox diving could have caused a death.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somebody pointed out to me she started this thread: (No) Oil in the Keys

When I first saw this thread, I asked my wife "what's the cancellation policy on our hotels?" We had the week from 5/31 to 6/6 booked from Key West to Key Largo. We nearly canceled due to what Becky was writing on the internet. We dropped over two grand, all on tourism, in the Keys that week. That money wouldn't have gone to the Keys had prudent Scuba Board members not stepped up and corrected her misinformation.

My recommendation about Garden Cove is give them a try but, only on Becky's day off.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom