Has anyone tried Garden Cove Dive Center

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't hold the shop completely accountable for Becky. I know for a fact she has not been there very long.
But, she's certainly been there long enough (since early April, so 2-1/2 months) to have been trained correctly. No reputable operation would allow someone that ignorant of proper procedure to assist customers unsupervised.

Was just there today. Was myself, my son, and two other noobs. First, Becky seemed rather nice, a little scattered though. She was late opening up due to a speeding ticket. Got to the marina, and the boat was very roomy, and not in 100% perfect shape, but overall not too bad. The captain and divemaster were fabulous. It was a little choppy, but not too bad in my opinion. This was my son's first saltwater dives, since his cert at Devils Den and Crystal River, and he got very nervous. He decided to get back on the boat and not go. I waited for the other two divers, and figured I'd tag along with them. The woman jumped in first, almost lost her mask. I helped her get that fixed while her significant other jumped in. In that time, she somehow had her mask falling off again. By the time got that fixed again, she was freaking out, and not listening to anyone. Divemaster jumped in. About that time her other half, called it a no go. Very wise on his part given the state she was in. The divemaster got her untangled from the tag line, while I went below to get her fins off. They got back on the boat, and I was hoping I could just do a solo. Nope. Okay, I understand. Boat ride back to the marina, and I was thanked for helping with the troubled diver. Drove back to the shop and got a full refund, but first was charged again, and then given 2 refunds. Saved my receipts just in case. All in all, because of the Capt and divemaster, I will try them again, but prbably only if I have a few buds that we have the whole boat, or on a Sunday spearing trip. Just my 2 cents.

I received a message from Mark this afternoon. He told me about brucet's trip.

Mark and Jenn quit today.

They're quality people, I'm sure they'll end up at a quality shop. Now there is no reason to use Garden Cove.

She was late opening up due to a speeding ticket.
Seriously? You have no idea how funny that is!

This is why I put this question out there and sort of expected this response. Thanks for the detailed response.

Just curious, Why were you expecting the response about a bad trip to Garden Cove? I am planning on diving with them in August, and yes, I would like to know if there is going to be a problem, But your response to the poster describing his experience seems like you have had dealings with them before and are fishing for bad experiences. Forgive me if that is not the case it just seems a little suspicious.

I received a message from Mark this afternoon. He told me about brucet's trip.

Mark and Jenn quit today.

They're quality people, I'm sure they'll end up at a quality shop. Now there is no reason to use Garden Cove.

So sorry to hear they quit. IMO, that would be the only reason to go back. They were wonderful. If anyone hears where they go, please give an update.

Boat ride back to the marina, and I was thanked for helping with the troubled diver. Drove back to the shop and got a full refund, but first was charged again, and then given 2 refunds. Saved my receipts just in case. All in all, because of the Capt and divemaster, I will try them again, but prbably only if I have a few buds that we have the whole boat, or on a Sunday spearing trip. Just my 2 cents.

I gotta wonder why.....?

Brian, let's just say that I experienced similar billing screwups when the person in discussion worked for a nearby competitor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom