Has anyone seen or used the new Scubapro Hydros Pro BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's not. But I imagine my hand would go immediately there in case of an emergency.

My hand's there in resting state :)

For sake of learning, why is it not optimum?

It's secured firmly to the crotch strap. You really need a bit of force to take it (line cutter) out.
And its two motion.

First you need to lift the strap off the velcro - vertically

Then you need to pull it out horizontally

I can envisage any harm?
Willing to be corrected.

My hand's there in resting state :)

For sake of learning, why is it not optimum?

It's secured firmly to the crotch strap. You really need a bit of force to take it (line cutter) out.
And its two motion.

First you need to lift the strap off the velcro - vertically

Then you need to pull it out horizontally

I can envisage any harm?
Willing to be corrected.

i was just kidding. i cringe from any sharp object near my junk. Maybe its a reflex from the moil.

Personally, I keep mine (my cutter, not my junk) on a shoulder strap so its a down pull motion to get it out (again, the cutter, not the junk)

What is the hydros' shoulder strap natural resting position?

mine is as photograph 2: open at hinge and creased at center.

first photograph shows open at hinge (right shoulder) and closed hinge (left)

Mine does not like being open at the hinge and I see some rubber tearing off.

20210313_183013.jpg

20210313_183002.jpg

The hinge is made to slightly pop into position when you fold in the shoulder straps in to make the taco.

It's not. But I imagine my hand would go immediately there in case of an emergency.

If your natural reaction to a diving emergency is to grab your crotch, perhaps you need more training? Or a different recreational activity?

(Just kidding, not serious, no offense intended.)

If your natural reaction to a diving emergency is to grab your crotch, perhaps you need more training? Or a different recreational activity?

(Just kidding, not serious, no offense intended.)

none taken. i think the first place my hand would go would be to protect my $1,000 bcd.

0-5.jpeg
kWfncCa
Scubapro sucks - my Hydros Pro BCD tore at the left shoulder strap hinge, took 2 months of to and fro thru phone calls, messages and email.
Now they want $300 for the replacement shoulder straps because I'd lost the receipt.
For what is a known manufacturing fault, they are placing the fault on the consumer.
Never again, no more scubapro products for me.
kWfncCa

View attachment 675600
kWfncCa
Scubapro sucks - my Hydros Pro BCD tore at the left shoulder strap hinge, took 2 months of to and fro thru phone calls, messages and email.
Now they want $300 for the replacement shoulder straps because I'd lost the receipt.
For what is a known manufacturing fault, they are placing the fault on the consumer.
Never again, no more scubapro products for me.
kWfncCa
If ever there was an advertisement for why a backplate + wing is better, it’s this photo.

Ridiculous over engineering breaks and can’t be repaired. Shame on ScubaPro

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom