Has anyone seen or used the new Scubapro Hydros Pro BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where did you buy it?
In germany
Btw are you with Scubapro by any chance? It is so hard to talk to someone there, they've been ghosting even the local dealer...
If you are ... you guys suck

Are you dealing with a shop or directly with SP? Since it is registered with SP any authorized shop should be able to update it at no cost to you just like the Nova fins and the broken hinge, once acknowledged replacement was automatic.
Hahaha it took two months, gave the dealer my copy of the email I'd sent to scubapro in June and also the warranty registration in my name. They were ghosting the local dealer too, didn't reply to them.

In germany
Btw are you with Scubapro by any chance? It is so hard to talk to someone there, they've been ghosting even the local dealer...
If you are ... you guys suck

I am not with Scubapro and I don't suck!

I just trying to see if I can help you. Did you buy it from a dealer in Germany?

I am not with Scubapro and I don't suck!

I just trying to see if I can help you. Did you buy it from a dealer in Germany?
Ok sorry
Just that the line of questioning is eerily similar to that which I've been subjected thru - from apparently scubapro to the dealer then to me - I've been giving them all the info - for the past weeks several times to different people. And yes they are dealers in Germany. And I think their trump card was the receipt which I can't find.

This is why I think BP/W systems need to be assembled and in a dive shop on display and have sales staff that know what they’re selling and can explain them. They just need to pick a brand and system and stick with it. The instructors working for the shop would need to be wearing them. They would need to be in the rental fleet. It could be any system from any manufacturer. The shop could even mix and match provided they knew what to order and assemble units ready to go. They would need to be able to fit the customer, and provide this free after they purchased the unit.
The way it is now with the free-for-all on the internet with online dealers then all sorts of erroneous info from every know-it-all on some forum is way too confusing for a newbie that has no clue about BP/W systems. For something that was supposed to be so simple, it has become probably the single most complicated and confusing mess when it comes to dive gear.
That’s why products like jacket BC’s and the Hydros do so well IS because they are a ready to go unit and dive shops gladly stock them and sell them. Convenience is the key word here.
If BP/W units were assembled and marketed the same way they would be a lot more popular.
New divers need to be spoon fed and educated, they need to be taken care of, hopefully by honest people.

At the shop I teach for, all the instructors teach in BP/W - even for OW. We also happen to sell a LOT of Halcyon BP/W setups, including to brand new OW students..... Our rental fleet (including what the students train in) are all integrated BCDs, but the plan is to change them all to BP/W as well. It's just an expensive proposition and takes time.

Struth, hark at you lot... Anything for an easy life eh?

A BP/W setup is more compact, lighter (with the right BP), more reliable, much more simple and works a lot better in terms of trim and buoyancy. Simplicity means things are easier.

But hey, do please all pile in as you defend the lousy equipment, training and skills they've all been given...

A Hydros Pro is more stable, more convenient, more comfortable, quicker to adjust from diving with no exposure protection to diving in a drysuit (or anything in between) and dries quicker than a BP/W. I can't speak for anyone else, but my Hydros Pro also works just as well for me for trim and buoyancy. I get flat trim with no effort, and my buoyancy is the same as in a BP/W. Why wouldn't it be? I'm weighted correctly, so I have the same amount of air in either rig....

A Honda Civic is simpler and more reliable than a Ferrari and a Mercedes. Does that mean there is no place in the world for the Ferrari and the Mercedes? Some people are perfectly happy to pay more to get features they want, at the expense of long-term reliability and simplicity. I don't know why you are so vocal in your disdain for that.

Hahaha it took two months, gave the dealer my copy of the email I'd sent to scubapro in June and also the warranty registration in my name. They were ghosting the local dealer too, didn't reply to them.

What took two months? Are you saying that, in the end, your dealer actually got you taken care of?

Ok sorry
Just that the line of questioning is eerily similar to that which I've been subjected thru - from apparently scubapro to the dealer then to me - I've been giving them all the info - for the past weeks several times to different people. And yes they are dealers in Germany. And I think their trump card was the receipt which I can't find.

I am just trying to figure out if I can help you. The dealer you bought it from should be able to help you. SP doesn't just not help. It doesn't add up at all.

What took two months? Are you saying that, in the end, your dealer actually got you taken care of?

I emailed scubapro in June with the details of my problem, they referred me to scubapro asia pacific who asked me to contact my local dealer. Contacted my local dealer gave all my info, said they'll get in touch with scubapro. So 2-3 weeks later, I asked them for updates, they replied that they haven't got any answer from scubapro. So 2-3 weeks later asked the dealer again, they said still no reply and asked that I contact them myself. Gave them the copy of the email that scubapro sent to me asking me to contact my local dealer so they said ok, they'll try again. Then 2 weeks later I got the reply from the subsidiary of local dealer that I got to pay $300 for the replacement straps.

I emailed scubapro in June with the details of my problem, they referred me to scubapro asia pacific who asked me to contact my local dealer. Contacted my local dealer gave all my info, said they'll get in touch with scubapro. So 2-3 weeks later, I asked them for updates, they replied that they haven't got any answer from scubapro. So 2-3 weeks later asked the dealer again, they said still no reply and asked that I contact them myself. Gave them the copy of the email that scubapro sent to me asking me to contact my local dealer so they said ok, they'll try again. Then 2 weeks later I got the reply from the subsidiary of local dealer that I got to pay $300 for the replacement straps.

But you bought the BC in Germany?

But you bought the BC in Germany?
Yes

Tell you the truth I've already bought two wing systems as replacement in the past weeks - Mares XR and Dive Rite - not gonna trust bcd's from scubapro. It might've already happened on my previous Raja Ampat live aboard because I remember asking a dive buddy why my bcd was lopsided - and we couldn't figure out why, it was totally sagging on one side although all the straps were even...underwater I was pulling on my straps to adjust - and yet another problem with this bc is that if the bungee straps around the wings are uneven or not moving freely, you will find yourself diving at a camber. I'll admit I'm ocd and tiny imperfections like this plays in my head.

Back
Top Bottom