Has anyone seen or used the new Scubapro Hydros Pro BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been diving since the 80's under BSAC when we were using the horse collar BCs.
Had a number of jacket style BCDs and bought the Hydros Pro - was sold on the hype and thought it would last.
Now this shoulder joint is clearly a design fault and they're asking me to pay $300 for replacement straps?? That's almost half the cost of a new BCD.
No way I could recommend Scubapro products anymore to anyone!
Buy at your own risk because they will not honour any warranty issues.
Just to add : my first scuba diving related purchase other than my mask was a Nikonos III - used the heck out of it , and guess what - it's still working....

I have been diving since the 80's under BSAC when we were using the horse collar BCs.
Had a number of jacket style BCDs and bought the Hydros Pro - was sold on the hype and thought it would last.
Now this shoulder joint is clearly a design fault and they're asking me to pay $300 for replacement straps?? That's almost half the cost of a new BCD.
Just to add : my first scuba diving related purchase other than my mask was a Nikonos III - used the heck out of it , and guess what - it's still working....

If you can't prove that you are the actual owner of the product, that isn't their fault at all. They didn't refuse to cover it with warranty, they wanted a proof of purchase and they would take care of the product. I have dealt with them concerning warranty matters and they took care of me and of my clients no issues whatsoever at all.

If you can't prove that you are the actual owner of the product, that isn't their fault at all. They didn't refuse to cover it with warranty, they wanted a proof of purchase and they would take care of the product. I have dealt with them concerning warranty matters and they took care of me and of my clients no issues whatsoever at all.
I had it registered with Scubapro-Johnson as soon as I got it and still have the email that they'd sent to acknowledge the registration - this was in 2017 and registered together with a lite hawk.
I think 2017 was the year they released the hydros pro so I'm the first owner.
Although I bought it in 2017 - I think I got less than 30-40 dives with it, was my overseas travelling bcd

I had it registered with Scubapro-Johnson as soon as I got it and still have the email that they'd sent to acknowledge the registration - this was in 2017 and registered together with a lite hawk.
I think 2017 was the year they released the hydros pro so I'm the first owner.
Although I bought it in 2017 - I think I got less than 30-40 dives with it, was my overseas travelling bcd

Did they have an issue with your warranty or with your proving that you are the owner? What is their issue with you? Where did you buy it?

Thought they fixed the strap issue. Will keep an eye out for that on mine (which I love).

Struth, hark at you lot... Anything for an easy life eh?

A BP/W setup is more compact, lighter (with the right BP), more reliable, much more simple and works a lot better in terms of trim and buoyancy. Simplicity means things are easier.

But hey, do please all pile in as you defend the lousy equipment, training and skills they've all been given...
Take it easy Francis. LOL

Thought they fixed the strap issue. Will keep an eye out for that on mine (which I love).

It was fixed a while back AFAIK. His BC goes 4 years back I think.

Did they have an issue with your warranty or with your proving that you are the owner? What is their issue with you? Where did you buy it?
Their issue is that I do not have the original receipt but I did register with them asap.
I've found that one way for companies to screw you over is to demand the original receipt even though you have registered on their website with your name, serial number and email address. They can whittle away more than half the claims, plus some shops use a thermal printed receipt which has the ink disappear over time ... then you're screwed unless you remember to take a picture of it.

View attachment 675600
kWfncCa
Scubapro sucks - my Hydros Pro BCD tore at the left shoulder strap hinge, took 2 months of to and fro thru phone calls, messages and email.
Now they want $300 for the replacement shoulder straps because I'd lost the receipt.
For what is a known manufacturing fault, they are placing the fault on the consumer.
Never again, no more scubapro products for me.
kWfncCa
Are you dealing with a shop or directly with SP? Since it is registered with SP any authorized shop should be able to update it at no cost to you just like the Nova fins and the broken hinge, once acknowledged replacement was automatic.

Their issue is that I do not have the original receipt but I did register with them asap.
I've found that one way for companies to screw you over is to demand the original receipt even though you have registered on their website with your name, serial number and email address. They can whittle away more than half the claims, plus some shops use a thermal printed receipt which has the ink disappear over time ... then you're screwed unless you remember to take a picture of it.

Where did you buy it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom