Has anyone seen or used the new Scubapro Hydros Pro BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There you go.

Attachments

• 94C8F4BE-D827-42AA-A3A7-2F620E651D17.jpeg
    94C8F4BE-D827-42AA-A3A7-2F620E651D17.jpeg
    119.5 KB · Views: 322
  • 631F9D2D-41F6-4B0A-A250-71F0B72B3DEF.jpeg
    631F9D2D-41F6-4B0A-A250-71F0B72B3DEF.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 258
  • E1C5E2E1-287C-4B3D-BD2B-84541C271A0A.jpeg
    E1C5E2E1-287C-4B3D-BD2B-84541C271A0A.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 275
I found this slightly annoying....My wife has become sufficiently enamored of my hydros pro that she wants one. We went to LDS on the weekend and every one they have in stock is an older model, before any of the the "improvements." Shop said they will upgrade the shoulder strap. Mine is older and I don't really care much about the bungee issue, but buying one new, we want the current version. Shop owner called SP to ask about getting a current one but was told he will only get whatever is in their distribution pipeline. Said he would be happy to order one in on the chance it would be newer than what he has in stock already.

I know it isn't a recall or a safety issue, but don't really like the idea of buying the older version for the same price as the "improved" version.

I found this slightly annoying....My wife has become sufficiently enamored of my hydros pro that she wants one. We went to LDS on the weekend and every one they have in stock is an older model, before any of the the "improvements." Shop said they will upgrade the shoulder strap. Mine is older and I don't really care much about the bungee issue, but buying one new, we want the current version. Shop owner called SP to ask about getting a current one but was told he will only get whatever is in their distribution pipeline. Said he would be happy to order one in on the chance it would be newer than what he has in stock already.

I know it isn't a recall or a safety issue, but don't really like the idea of buying the older version for the same price as the "improved" version.
I got mine from LeisurePro. They have the newer version and do not need to pay taxes.

Thanks for the information. I like to buy local when I can and can usually negotiate a discount that at least matches the sales tax. In any event, she changed her mind and bought an Aqualung Rogue. Interestingly, although advertised as lighter, when we took it home I weighted it and it was only about 6 ounces lighter than my Hydros Pro, which is a larger size.

She is going to try it in their pool this week and if she doesn't like it they will will refund price and she will look at the Hydros again.

I just got the Atomic Aquatics BC2 and have only had the chance to dive it once at work. It is very comfortable and well balanced in the water. It is nice to have the trim weight pockets farther back and the general fit is very good. I guess my only complaint is that it does not have enough pocket space. I generally have to carry tools and some hardware and it does not fit well.

I also have an APEKS Black Ice for single tank and an APEKS WTX setup for twin small 50's. The twin 50's are the best, but for a single tank I am not decided yet. I will have to get some more dives in on the BC2 to really evaluate it more completely but I think it will be a nice BC. A little overpriced but that is not at the top of my concerns when buying SCUBA gear.

Heyyy abit of topic here, should I get the Seahawk 2 or wait a little n save for a hydros pro?

Heyyy abit of topic here, should I get the Seahawk 2 or wait a little n save for a hydros pro?

How much diving are you doing nowadays? Maybe wait a bit on both?

How much diving are you doing nowadays? Maybe wait a bit on both?
I probably dive around 6 times in 3 month.
I'm not in a rush for a bc, the last thing I want is SP announcing hydros pro 2 right after I bought one.

If you aren't in a rush and you aren't diving much, why not wait a bit longer to buy a bcd? At this time in your progression as a diver, you don't yet know how much you'll actually be diving over the next couple of years. Unless you mean you've been on the dive trips? You have only had 6 dives in last 3 months, right?

Back
Top Bottom