Has anyone had Covid and went diving when they were better?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's really good to know. I was actually in the ICU at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Allen which is where my wife works as a nurse. Once I get stronger later this spring I'll look into the hyperbaric unit in Dallas and get checked out. Better to get checked out in a controlled environment prior to dropping into the ocean.

I've been on DAN's website for the Covid trail. Later this spring early fall when my health is back to what the doctors are calling my new normal, I'm going to join the trial depending on how I do in the hyperbaric unit.

Thanks

Jeff

I had COVID-19 in the beginning in November and recovered after 2 weeks. My case was much easier than yours - I just had high temperature, other coronavirus symptoms but no issues with breathing. I think that I recovered now as I can do 7-9 km hikes in Scottish hills, doing exercises with kettlebell normally. However, I will wait at least 3 months, then will do BSAC medical examination. If everything is ok, will be diving again. In your case I would be extremely careful and go for diving if everything is ok with lungs. Do not rush, listen to your body, life is more important than diving. You had a severe case of COVOD -19 and really lucky that you recovered.

This is uncharted territory. There are no systematic data on post-COVID diving.

UCSD return to diving after COVID guidelines:

https://health.ucsd.edu/coronavirus...uation of Divers during COVID-19 pandemic.pdf

You would be in the category 3 section. Hope it works out for you! Keep in mind these are based on best guess, not data, as there wasn't data at the time of writing. I've followed up with one of the primary authors and she said they don't have plans to update as there still isn't any data. The DAN study will help with that.

-Chris

That's really good to know. I was actually in the ICU at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Allen which is where my wife works as a nurse. Once I get stronger later this spring I'll look into the hyperbaric unit in Dallas and get checked out. Better to get checked out in a controlled environment prior to dropping into the ocean.

I've been on DAN's website for the Covid trail. Later this spring early fall when my health is back to what the doctors are calling my new normal, I'm going to join the trial depending on how I do in the hyperbaric unit.

Thanks

Jeff
This is why I’m pretty concerned about catching this virus, you just don’t know which lane it’s going to take you down! Mild “achy for a day” no big deal to ICU and looong term issues. Wishing you the best in you’re recovery.

you just don’t know which lane it’s going to take you down! Mild “achy for a day” no big deal to ICU and looong term issues.
That's true of a lot of "normal" viruses, too, though. Like the flu.

That's true of a lot of "normal" viruses, too, though. Like the flu.

In my province, more people have died of covid *this year* than have died of the flu in the *past 20 years* combined.

So no, not like the flu.

In my province, more people have died of covid *this year* than have died of the flu in the *past 20 years* combined.

So no, not like the flu.

I think the reference is that a wide range of symptoms, and seriousness of symptoms, is not unique to COVID-19, and that it is also true of other viruses including the flu. Not that the seriousness of covid is comparable to the flu.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom