Has anyone ever dove Lake Nockamixon, PA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PAdiver93

Contributor
Reaction score
Just wanna try out some new gear - and this place is close by.... Wanted to know dive site conditions - depth, usual viz... Best entry points...

Thanx in advance!

While I've never dove there, I'm really familiar with the lake. The boat ramps will get you to the deepest part of the lake...the western half. But it would never occur to me to dive there with all the fishing boats, hobie cats and board sailors zipping around. I also don't know what the park laws are considering diving there, and I know personally the park rangers have no hesitations giving out fines.

Bethlehem is just 45 minutes north and you have Dutch Springs to play in.

del_mo:
While I've never dove there, I'm really familiar with the lake. The boat ramps will get you to the deepest part of the lake...the western half. But it would never occur to me to dive there with all the fishing boats, hobie cats and board sailors zipping around. I also don't know what the park laws are considering diving there, and I know personally the park rangers have no hesitations giving out fines.

Spoke to the park rangers... Very nice (surprisingly)... Depth - anywhere from 30 feet to 90feet (at the dam)... Will have to check it out!

del_mo:

Or the Atlantic is less than 90 minutes from there. Much better diving!
In my little experience diving in lakes owned by DNR- No one is on the same page.
Rangers at the check in are excited to talk about diving and what you saw, while patrol rangers like to excersize their authority and make you feel like this it their personal playground.
If you go, good luck. Let us know what you discover.

Was one of the worst dives I've had. At about 15 feet, it was extremely dark, my buddy was about 3 feet away and I could barely see him. My dive lasted about 6 minutes before we called it quits. I believe some of the area seach and rescue diving units do black water training there, which those conditions would be great for. Other then that my feeling is that a recreactional diver wouldn't have too much fun there.

ScubaK-Dawg:
Was one of the worst dives I've had. At about 15 feet, it was extremely dark, my buddy was about 3 feet away and I could barely see him. My dive lasted about 6 minutes before we called it quits. I believe some of the area seach and rescue diving units do black water training there, which those conditions would be great for. Other then that my feeling is that a recreactional diver wouldn't have too much fun there.

Where was your entry point?

to tell you the truth, I'm really not sure exactly where we entered, it was about 5 years ago that i dove there. I just remember that we checked in at the office then drove around to the other side of the lake and found somewhere to park, hiked through a little bit of woods to get to the lakes edge then entered there... I would ask at the guards office where they recommend entry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom