Has anyone Dove Bermuda?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2 Bar

Reaction score
I cruised there 2 years in a row, and LOVE Bermuda. I did my discover scuba there. However, where they took us for that had very little reef.

I dove Cozumel in November. LOVED it. My friends are going back already in May, but it's too soon for me to get the cash together.

I'm considering cruising to Bermuda again later this summer. I can dive for 5 days. But, it seems Coz is the shiz-nit around here.

Dose Bermuda have nice reefs? What fish do you see? I know there's a million wrecks there. Any cool wrecks?

Info?

Bermudaskink lives there, you should PM her.

As Archman said, Bermudaskink would probably have the most detailed reply to your question, But I'll add my 2cents,as a traveller-also from NJ!
I've been to Bermuda a bunch of times, I love the island, and I dive whenever I go there. (You have the right idea about Coz, it is great. it is also a very different vacation spot than Bermuda.)
Regarding your question, Bermuda does have a good system of reefs, which while not as lush as those further south, do provide many areas for interesting diving. Fish life includes parrotfish, Sgt. majors,chubb,rays and many varieties whose names escape me.
Wrecks are plentiful-ranging from nearly intact (if hurricane Fabian cooperated) to debris fields-and everything in between.

My advice-Go,and add diving to the list of reasons that you love the island.
Good luck,
Mike
p.s.: try a "search",and you may find more answers.

2 Bar:
I cruised there 2 years in a row, and LOVE Bermuda. I did my discover scuba there. However, where they took us for that had very little reef.

I dove Cozumel in November. LOVED it. My friends are going back already in May, but it's too soon for me to get the cash together.

I'm considering cruising to Bermuda again later this summer. I can dive for 5 days. But, it seems Coz is the shiz-nit around here.

Dose Bermuda have nice reefs? What fish do you see? I know there's a million wrecks there. Any cool wrecks?

Info?

My major grumble with Bermuda diving, having done 50 or so dives there since 1978 (none within the past 5 or 6 years) is the strict supervision by the dive operators. Having a large number of resort-qualified and unknowns off of cruise ships, I can't say I'd do otherwise, though.

If you don't want to stay strictly on the dive-boat schedule and want to have some time on your own terms, you can do a shore dive from Elbow Beach. You can rent your gear from the dive shop right on the beach and do some really nice shallow (i.e. under 40- 50 Ft) reef dives anywhere from 50 to 250 meters from the waterline. You can also rent a DPV from the shop and cruise to a nearby wreck. There is plenty to explore on each dive and the dives are generally easy since the main reef line is several hundred meters out it acts as a breakwater so the surf is not bad for most shore dives. If you get lucky with the wind out of the north it can be very nice indeed.

Scubamax

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom