Trip Report Puerto Morelos Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwarrenod

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just got back yesterday from another trip to PM for recreation, relaxation and some diving. I did 2, 2 tank trips with Wet Set. First two tanks were shallower reef dives. Fish Market and Marina. Marina is really close to shore (I knew it was close, my new Garmin Descent G1 showed me just how close when reviewing the dives after the fact). Visibility at Fish Market was amazing, Marina, not as good. And my mask seemed to fog up every 3 minutes on the second dive. I dove with Ping on that trip, super nice guy from Canada.

The next trip was out to the wreck and then a reef dive. Wrench was amazing with about 80’ of visibility. As soon as I rolled over in the water I could see the wreck quite well. Lots and lots of sea life, including a squadron of Spotted Eagle Rays which seemed to be doing laps around the wreck. Also several good sized Baracudas and many other typical reef fish. I’m relatively new to deeper dives and blew through my air fairly quick. 2 minute stop at 45’ and then a safety stop at 15’ and we broke the surface 28 minutes after heading down. A side note, one of out group of divers had a tough time with the backwards entry and got a bit worked up. He made the mature decision to bag the wreck and wait for the next dive. When I was back on the boat, I mentioned that he made a good choice (for his sake, not mine) and he appreciated that.

25 minutes of surface interval and we were rolling off the boat again at another reef (I didn’t get the name) and spent a leisurely 48 minutes cruising through the coral. Saw a freaking huge crab, many eels (Marianna one of the guides) seemed to be the “Eel Wisperer” as she was pointing them out left and right. Saw lots of lobsters too, as well as the typical mix of reef fish.

All in all, 4 very good dives, decent variety in the sites made for a fun time. Diving off of PM isn’t Cozumel or Key Largo, but its still great!

Did a few days of diving in PM several years ago. Took a taxi in from the northern end of Playa Del Carmen - enjoyed the town and the diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom