Harvey's or Henderson Wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I need help deciding between a Harveys 6.5mm Titanium Toaster suit or a Henderson Gold Core suit. I've seen the Hendersons at a dive shop and they look nice although I've heard a few people question the durability of the seams.
I haven't seen the Harvey's Titanium suits up close but am wondering if they have the slick lining like the Gold Core. The slick lining is a must because I can't stand all of the pulling and tugging needed to get on a regular wetsuit. I'm aware of the BS titanium is warmer claim but the slick lining and durability are what I'm wanting to find out. Any comments from users of these two suits would be great.

Hey GP, I love my Henderson Gold!!! A joy to put on, though it's a tad warm for me here in Florida, and I think I have the 3 mm (it might be 5mm) Farmer John/Coat combo.

:tease:

Well...I just made the plunge and ordered the Henderson Gold Core suit. Hopefully I can try it out next weekend!

GP,

We have Henderson Gold 3mm suits and love them! We have about 100 dives on them and have had no trouble with seams. However, I have had a couple of tears on one leg. I repaired them with seam sealer and thread and consider it a minor annoyance. Barb has a Harvey's 3mm vest and it has served well, but that really does not answer your question.

Finally, it is so nice to be able to slip into the Gold when it is wet: now it does not go on as easily wet as dry, but it is a piece of cake compared to a wet non-lined neoprene. On our last trip we dove with one person who absolutely struggled to get her suit on between dives. I think when her budget allows, a Henderson is in her future--she was most admiring of the ease with which we redonned ours wet.

Good diving!

Joewr

Back
Top Bottom