Harvey Drysuit questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoomerTC

Reaction score
So I stop by my LDS the other day to ask him about some modifications and repairs to my drysuit and all I get is a plate full of attitude - now I know why I dont go there often.

So I'm looking to the friendly nature of this forum, hoping someone here can help me with the issues I'm having with my Drysuit (Neoprene Harvey):

1. Can I add a pair of Dry gloves to my suit? (The kind with the o-ring and flange) If yes or no, what kind do you recommend?

2. My seams leak during a dive, I can tell because my under garment is slightly wet at the seams. Can I seal this with seam cement or is that just for rubber.

3. My dump valve leaks. Is there a way to replace/repair this?

The drysuit is about 10 years old but I don't really want to get a new suit as I only use it about 12 times a year.

Thanks everyone.
Peter

I have been using dry suits for about 10 years for water skiing in cold weather. My experience for best repairs is to contact the manufacture and send it to them. We have used OS Systems dry suits and they have treated us very well on repairs. I used a local dealer for one repair and he did more damage than good. We have 4 dry suits to keep operational. They look to be the same suits as the dive versions except without the valves, hence my earlier post.

boomertc,
I am a commercial diver that tried Harvey dry suits and the only time we could stay dry in them is when we coated the seams with aquaseal when the suit was new. I suppose you cold clean the seams with toluene before coating.

Wow, ten year old suit... Hmmm... well, if its seam leaks, use some Aquaseal or Seal Cement to seal them. The dump valve can be replaced, its pretty easy, you just have to find one. Dry gloves can be added as well, Diving Concepts, DUI, and Viking make some nice ones...

You might want to do some of the repairs yourself, otherwise it can get expensive...

GOod Luck...

To seal the leak, first use a mix of aquaseal and cotol (toulene). This will thin the thick aqua seal and allow it to soak in, as well as speed cure time. Then come back and go over the area witha second coat, this time use less thinner. Do the seam repairs on the inside of the suit.
I have a dump valve if you want to email me. maaswhole@yahoo.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom