Harry Potter fans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's about time for me to re-read 'em all in preparation for the new one.
I thoroughly enjoy good fantasy, so Potter's a definite read.
Rick

Harry Potter? Are you kidding?!?!

That's the way I learnt English/Spanish/Arabic..... Read the four in Hebrew and Arabic, the five in Spanish and English. Just finished the second in Catalan (it takes me a while... I can't read very well..)

They make such great language tools, since I can tell what's going to happen and I know what they are going to say. It is different a bit though...

Read all of them, the 6th volume is already ordered through amazon. Read them only in English - Polish translation is not the bet one.
And I've seen all the movies.
Coming back to the sweet childhood times?
Mania

I just saw the BBC interview with J.K.Rowlings - it was amazing. One of the first things that she wrote was the last chapter to book 7 (the end). It's under lock and key - has been for a long time now. The only book to have sold more copies than Harry Potter is the Bible, and even that is coming under threat now - it might well lose the position over time.
One of the points that was made in the documentary that I found very interesting was that these days it is only children's books that confront the 'big' questions. You know - questions about life and death, good and evil, right and wrong. Adult books are much more conservative - much more politically correct - dealing with much smaller issues. Young minds are much braver than older ones; they aren't so scared of reality. There's a bit of Harry, or Ron, or Hermione in everyone - if you can't find it in yourself I advise to to start looking - very, very hard.

I advise all the fans to take a look at the JK Rowling site... it's quite entertaining. Try to find all the secret clues to find different things like handwritten drafts of the first chapter, rough sketches of hogwarts on napkins, even a chapter that never made it into the book.

www.jkrowling.com

yeah, the two little books (Magical Beasts and the History ot Quidditch) are fun,
light reads. they have a lot of character.

i love the Potter series! read all the books, seen all the movies.

i like the early books a lot better, back when she wasn't trying to be a "great writer"
so hard. still, i'll read the new one and keep watching the movies.

I’ve read the first four and have completely forgotten everything but the basic plot!

Back
Top Bottom