Harrassing Sea Life Near the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

me twoo :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

However, my last BHB video shows people with a speargun and a pole spear and nobody said nothing.

ME TOO!

I have this avatar for a reason.......

Oh, the impaler?

Um, yeah, too soon.

raccoongif.gif

me twoo :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

However, my last BHB video shows people with a speargun and a pole spear and nobody said nothing.
Guess you need to post it again..

I just watched that video, and I am guessing there is no clear definition of harassing. Picking up a sea star and gently putting it back down, to me is not harassment. Now, if they picked it up, pulled it out of the water, flung it like a frisbee.. yeah surely that's bad. Picking up critters so you can get a good photo? Bad. M'kay? What these people were doing is far less stressful than a touch tank in a local aquarium with a bus load of elementary school kids. But, at the 5 minute mark, the divers in the background flailing around are creating more disturbance.
JMHO.. your's may be different, and that's OK.. no need to start bashing..

I just watched that video, and I am guessing there is no clear definition of harassing. Picking up a sea star and gently putting it back down, to me is not harassment. Now, if they picked it up, pulled it out of the water, flung it like a frisbee.. yeah surely that's bad. Picking up critters so you can get a good photo? Bad. M'kay? What these people were doing is far less stressful than a touch tank in a local aquarium with a bus load of elementary school kids. But, at the 5 minute mark, the divers in the background flailing around are creating more disturbance.
JMHO.. your's may be different, and that's OK.. no need to start bashing..

you comparing that video to a touch tank is an accurate comparison. you're right, although they are touching the critters, they are not abusing them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom