Harold's Mansion Dumaguete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nankivell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
We are planning a dive trip to the Philippines and will going to Dumaguete/Dauin/Apo Island. One option is staying part of the time in Dumaguete at an upscale Hostel--Harold's Mansion. Harold has recently acquired a dive boat and is running a 3 day 2 night Dive Safari throughout the area for only $230--which includes sleeping on board, food and the diving. Has anyone every tried this? It looks pretty good and you can hardly beat the price.Harolds Mansion Hostel! Fun and Adventure! Explore Negros Oriental!

Also planning on spending some time with Liquid--a more well established Dive Resort.

What I do know is Harold's boat is pretty BIG. I have no idea about the facilities on it or the safari itself but I'm sure you will enjoy the diving. Where does the safari go to out of interest? A lot of the diving here is accessible daily, but it would be good if they are going off to further flung locations.

If I can answer any questions about Liquid for you, it might be a bit easier on me - I work 'ere.

Any questions on the diving in the area and I should be able to help you out! When are you planning your trip for? Are you going to be in the area for along time?

Hope to see you here soon though :)

You need anything at all from us at Liquid then please get in touch.

Happy diving

If the weather is perfect then sleeping on a hammock/tent is fine otherwise...... The price does "look" attractive.

As Hydreliox had mentioned a lot of diving at Dumaguete is accessible daily with the possibly exception of Siquijor.
If you are really interested on dive safari, check with Sea-Explorers.

There is no problem taking a day trip to diving Siquijor from Dumaguete....Ask Dave's or Liquid... Or come to Alona Beach & dive with Seaquest.

"living life without a hard bottom"
KT

Siquijor is just under an hour for us on a good day. Maybe 1 hour 20 minutes on a rougher day. Makes it good for us for a three dive day trip, but it doesn't take being more than a few KM up or down the coast to make 10-20 minutes plus or minus on a boat journey to the various island. Apo is about 45 minutes, and Sumilon 1 hour 10 mins to 1 hour 30 mins.

I think Sipalay would maybe worth a longer trip combined with an island or two. The diving looks like my kind of thing around there :)

Thanks Guys. Our group is planning a two week plus trip to the Philippines in April 2013. Flying into Cebu--then to Malapascua for four or five days--then to Dumaguete/Dauin much of the rest of the trip. We may spend a few days on Siquijor or stop in Bohol on the way to Dumaguete--but that may be too much. I generally like to spend less time traveling rather than trying to do it all. Because we are on a limited budget--it looked like Harold's Mansion made some sense for a few days. May make more sense to go with a dedicated dive resort like Liquid or Daves. Thanks again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom