Hard working and motivated OWSI looking for work

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
New Brighton, Wirral, United Kingdom, United Kingd
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi everyone,

My name is Daniel Lythgoe, I have been diving since 1996 when I qualified as a BSAC Sports Diver during my military apprenticeship. I continued my military training and became an Army Compressed Air Diver in 2000 which led to a wide variety of diving experiences around the world. In 2004 I qualified as a PADI OWSI on Koh Tao before leaving the military to persue a career as an Electrician in the UK. In January 2012 I returned to my diving career and started working as a diver in a shark aquarium in the UK, this soon led to me gaining the position of Dive Officer which i held until late last year.

[FONT=&amp]Honesty is my policy and I have therefor listed any relevant strengths and weaknesses below, I hope this will help to ascertain my eligibility for any potential position:[/FONT]

Strengths

• Experienced diver in both commercial (Army) and recreational diving since 1996
  • Boat handling qualifications
  • Managerial and leadership experience
  • Hard working and always enjoys a challange
  • Confident, friendly and disciplined
  • Trained electrician and ex Army Engineer.

Weaknesses
  • Limited PADI instructional experience
  • Further specialization training needed
  • Only fluent in English

Since leaving Blue Planet I have re-sat my IDC and IE so that I am fully conversant with all PADI teaching standards (things changed quite a bit while I was away playing with electricity) and I now crave the ocean. I am willing to travel almost anywhere to get back into diving full time and will work passionately to achieve the highest standards that can be expected by employers and customers alike.

I consider myself to be perfectly capable of jumping straight into the role of an OWSI and would love to have a chat with you if you have a position to fill. If you need a hard working, motivated and honest person in your team then please drop me an email to daniel.lythgoe@googlemail.com and we can find out more about each other

See you soon (fingers crossed)

Dan Lythgoe

Back
Top Bottom