Hard Decision, Need help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

headonkey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'll be on an anniversary cruise with my wife next month in the Caribbean. She doesn't dive so I've been "granted" one dive while I'm down there. Problem is, I'm not sure which place to pick. Here's the itinerary:

Costa maya, Mexico
Belize City, Belize
Cozumel, Mexico
Grand Cayman

Any input would be great. I think we're going to use Moby Dick Tours to snorkel and visit Stingray City in GC. Thoughts?

I would do Cozumel, the diving is awesome!

Wow what choices... of course Grand Cayman... the diving capital of the Caribbean. You will love the turtles

I've dived all of those stops except Costa Maya off a cruise ship. Belize is a long boat ride from Belize Cirt where your ship will likely dock. Grand Cayman and Cozumel will likely be a big dive op and a cattle boat to a mediocre dive site within line of site of the ship. I would highly recommend spending a little extra money and chartering your own boat and DM from a shop in Cozumel. We did that on a couple cruises and had a blast.

Ok so I've decided to dive in Cozumel. My wife will NOT be diving so I've got to do something that won't take up much time. I'm considering shore diving mostly (so that she can just chill on the beach while I'm in the water). I have thought about Chankanaab but heard the quality is lacking. Any other ideas for shore dives? I'll need somewhere to rent a tank and weights as well as some way to find a dive buddy. Thoughts?

I know your pain! My wife doesn't dive either. Nice that she gave you a kitchen pass. Good Luck!

The trick is to get your wife into diving some how. I almost have mine convinced into taking her OW class. The only drawback is now it will cost double to go diving... I do take my wife with me on the boat when I dive. Its a couple extra bucks but she gets a boat ride, I share my pics on the camera right away and she's with me most of the time.

She's pretty much told me that she'll get certified but she wants to do the full blown class (instead of some rushed 90 minute class). We won't be able to do that before leaving for the cruise however.

COZUMEL!!! COZUMEL!!!! COZUMEL!!!! Not a hard desicion at all!!! I've dove Cayman 4 times and Belize!!!! COZUMEL!!!! COZUMEL!!!! COZUMEL!!!!

Back
Top Bottom