Happy New Year Curacao fans.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not looking good for February 8 departure for me. Due to the surge, its taking a minimum of 72 hours to get the results of a PCR test here. Im not good at math, but if Curacao requires a PCR test taken within 48 hours of departure, im SOL.

It was hard enough getting the PCR test and results within a 72 hour window when we went to Curacao in August. I can't imagine trying to get one within the new 48 hour limit unless you live in a departure city such as Miami, or do not have to connect flights, and can find a lab that can guarantee getting the results back in time with so many more people getting tested in this Omicron surge. I love Curacao, but their new testing timeline would be one aggravation too many for me to consider a trip to that lovely island right now. I'll just savor my memories for the time being.

It was hard enough getting the PCR test and results within a 72 hour window when we went to Curacao in August. I can't imagine trying to get one within the new 48 hour limit unless you live in a departure city such as Miami, or do not have to connect flights, and can find a lab that can guarantee getting the results back in time with so many more people getting tested in this Omicron surge. I love Curacao, but their new testing timeline would be one aggravation too many for me to consider a trip to that lovely island right now. I'll just savor my memories for the time being.
Do you have a site that offers Abbott ID Now, should be available quickly

Pre-Omicron and "test kits for free" our local Walgreens wouldn't "officially" guarantee 24 hours, but unofficially if you got tested before lunch you'd have the result by 6 pm. We flew O'Hare - Miami - Curacao the next morning.

Same thing on the island (ADC): test in the morning, result in the evening -- for the PCR.

The way I interpret the requirement is the test must be done within 48 hours of departure from city of origin, in my case Peoria, Illinois. Not within 48 hours of the actual flight into Curacao. Someone please correct me if I wrong, but once they put you on your initial flight, the airline is on the hook. Either way, I am SOL.

The way I interpret the requirement is the test must be done within 48 hours of departure from city of origin, in my case Peoria, Illinois. Not within 48 hours of the actual flight into Curacao. Someone please correct me if I wrong, but once they put you on your initial flight, the airline is on the hook. Either way, I am SOL.
Maybe I’m wrong, wouldn’t be the first time, but I interpret it as 48 hours from last leg into Curaçao based on this from curaçao.com Each visitor entering Curaçao will need to show a negative result from a certified COVID-19 PCR-test taken at most 48 hours before your flight to Curaçao.

I’m also thinking that if it is the last leg, and I don’t have results yet, I hear Charlotte is a great town!

Now, all that said, I’m looking forward to spending some of the early days of 2022 exploring Curaçao both above and below the water line!!

Erik

Walgreens! We’re hedging our bets-slow PCR at CVS 48 hours before flight, ID Now at Walgreens the next morning (24 hoursish). We wanted to get them the same day as the CVS testing but Walgreens fills up quickly. Let ya know how it goes!

I’m sorry if I’m rehashing old news, but is there confirmation that ID-Now qualifies for Curaçao entry? I know it works for Bonaire (was there in October). Thanks. :)

@BumbleV. When we went in August, with the 72 hour PCR test requirement, I contacted the Curacao health authorities to clarify the "before the flight to Curacao" requirements because we had to fly from San Antonio-Miami-Curacao. I was told by the Curacao authorities the requirement was based on the departure time of the flight that brings you from your home country (Miami in our case) to Curacao. I would imagine that interpretation has not changed, and would be even more problematic if you have to do multiple hop flights just to get to the departure airport. Although we did not have to also deal with the current rash of mass flight cancellations due to weather and Covid, AA still managed to cancel five of our SAT-MIA flight numbers in the previous seven days prior to our departure.

I cancelled my Feb Curacao vacation. Incredibly sad because I was really looking forward to returning to the wonderful diving. Too many hoops to jump through. Hoping to return this fall.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom