Happy day for me today...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A small setback. The mask didn't fit quite right. Seemed to fit fine in the store but took it into my pool today and the nose section kept filling with water. I must say, though, that the lenses are crystal clear on Atomic masks. If it fits you, the mask is great.

Tried on a bunch of other masks from Atomic, Cressi, Tusa and none fit. Picked up an Evo mask which seems to fit good but the shop manager told me that the quality is not as good as the big names (Cressi, Atomic, etc.). Don't know who Evo is either so I'm feeling like I may have made a bad choice

Looking at the Hollis M1 and SeaDive masks now.

Sigh. Picking a mask that is nice and fits well is so tough. :(

First off, glad you're back to diving. Secondly, finding a mask that fits your exact face may take patience. Also, leisurepro has some of the best prices on the net. However, they also sell stuff on amazon that is listed cheaper than on their website. For example, I bought my aeris atmos ai dive computer for $400. Granted, it didn't come with a compass, but the one with the compass that they sell online is $699!!! Yeah, that's a huge savings. Also, I bought my BCD from them, but they sold it cheaper on amazon and I saved $160 on that deal. I''m not sure why they sometimes sell stuff cheaper on amazon, but it can be a huge difference in price. I would suggest calling them and the sales people will match the amazon prices.

My son told me how beautiful Pennekamp is. I have done several the moret common dives in Key Largo but have not done a shore dive at Pennekamp. Hoping to get down there mid July. Think I will put that on my list. Any buddies game? Glad that you have rekindled your diving love.

You people are toooooo funny! :rofl3:

Unless you are just interested in winning a bet, there are next to no scuba dive sites in John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park! :shakehead:

There is also no shore diving to speak of off Key Largo unless you are doing; training dives at Jules Undersea lagoon (sic), Mark V helmet dives in the canal fronting Hyperbarics International, "bounce" diving some canal or harbor to pad logged dives for DM/Instructor certs or cleaning boat hulls. :idk:

halemanō;5901806:
Unless you are just interested in winning a bet, there are next to no scuba dive sites in John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park! :shakehead:...

No scuba dive sites in John Pennekamp? I guess I'm confused on that. The official Key Largo Tourist Council Site says otherwise:

Key Largo diving and snorkeling trips

As does this site:

Pennekamp Dive Sites

and the dive operation that actually took me out:

Dive Key Largo, Florida Keys with Rainbow Reef Dive Center;scuba diving:diving, Florida keys, florida diving

Molasses Reef was the second dive of the day and was only a short ride from Eagle Ray Alley.

Are these three sites wrong?

So yes, if you want to get technical, you can say that John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park is a part of Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary, but most people still associate this area with the name Pennekamp. I don't see anything wrong with that. I guess I'm not understanding your pain with it being referred by that. What am I missing?

Rey

First off, glad you're back to diving. ....

Thank you and thank you for mentioning LeisurePro. I recently found them and ordered a number of items. Amazing prices. I wasn't aware of the Amazon angle and will definitely check it out.

My son told me how beautiful Pennekamp is. I have done several the moret common dives in Key Largo but have not done a shore dive at Pennekamp. Hoping to get down there mid July. Think I will put that on my list. Any buddies game? Glad that you have rekindled your diving love.

Yes the dives I did were fantastic. Hope to be back there soon. If you come down, hit me up and maybe we can buddy up for a dive.

No scuba dive sites in John Pennekamp? I guess I'm confused on that. The official Key Largo Tourist Council Site says otherwise:

As does this site:

Pennekamp Dive Sites

Dive Key Largo, Florida Keys with Rainbow Reef Dive Center;scuba diving:diving, Florida keys, florida diving

Molasses Reef was the second dive of the day and was only a short ride from Eagle Ray Alley.

So yes, if you want to get technical, you can say that John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park is a part of Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary, but most people still associate this area with the name Pennekamp. I don't see anything wrong with that. I guess I'm not understanding your pain with it being referred by that. What am I missing?

Rey

If you want to get technical, there are "next to none" popular dive sites IN John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park! :shakehead:

If any website, or any individual, tells you that Molassas Reef / Eagle Ray Alley are in John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park, ask yourself these two questions:

How far off shore is considered Florida State waters?

How far off shore are Molassas Reef / Eagle Ray Alley?

:confused:

If you had looked at the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary map I linked earlier in this thread you surely would have seen the 3-mile boundry line of John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park; clearly inside of all but possibly the Dry Rocks dive site. At something like 3-5 miles off Key Largo, the water finally starts getting deeper than 20 feet deep, so nearly all "Key Largo" dive sites are outside Florida State waters. :idk:

File:Fknms map big.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kind of interesting that I am using a Wikipedia page to show that a Wikipedia page is wrong.....

John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IMHO, the first 5 pictures on the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park Wikipedia page, all captained as Molassas Reef, all need to be removed. :no:

The Minnow Cave picture I'm OK with. The last 3 really look too deep for me to totally buy. :coffee:

My memory seems to be that "Christ" is just out of the park, but one might dive "in the park" if you went way to the shallow side of the Dry Rocks dive site; or is it the other way 'round? :idk:

As does this site:

Pennekamp Dive Sites

Rey

When I go to your first link;

I do not find any claim that is wrong. They did not claim any dive site was in John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park. :eyebrow:

At your second link;

Pennekamp Dive Sites

As stated in previous post; If "Christ" isn't technically in it's darn close, but no way are those other dive sites in John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park! :shocked2:

And your third link, the outfit you dived with;

I do not find any claim that is wrong. They did not claim any dive site was in John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park. :eyebrow:

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom