Happy day for me today...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Always good to hear of another scuba enthusiast, BUT...:no:

The internet may very well be the biggest source of misinformation in the world (Sorry Vatican :coffee:)

John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park FAQ:
How deep are the reefs? How far offshore are they?
The reefs are located between 3 and 8 miles offshore off the coast of the Florida Keys. Snorkeling tours will typically go to one of the inner reefs. These areas are protected and are shallow; average depth ranges from 5 to 15 feet. The glass bottom boat tour takes you to Molasses Reef which is further offshore, about 6.5 miles; average depth is about 10 to 30 feet. Scuba Tour Depths range from 30 to 45 feet.

John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park is a Florida State Park. I wonder how many Florida Public School students would understand why I typed "BUT....:no:" in my first sentence of this post? :idk:

Dove in April at Pennekamp (Eagle Ray Alley) and just fell in love w/ diving all over again.

..... How is pennekamp btw?

Pennekamp is so beautiful. Warm water and the ocean is clear. Just absolutely great diving.

Well, I can tell you that I'm very confused by your reply.

halemanō;5897417:
Always good to hear of another scuba enthusiast, BUT...:no:

The internet may very well be the biggest source of misinformation in the world (Sorry Vatican :coffee:)

John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park is a Florida State Park. I wonder how many Florida Public School students would understand why I typed "BUT....:no:" in my first sentence of this post? :idk:

Yes definately congratulations :)

File:Fknms map big.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, I would have posted a picture of a map of the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary to help Floridians with their geography, and then I would have ended with a extravagant emoticon, but not only can I not upload pictures to the ScubaBoard Photo Gallery, I now can not even make and Advanced post.

Good thing I know this one by heart :idk:

A small setback. The mask didn't fit quite right. Seemed to fit fine in the store but took it into my pool today and the nose section kept filling with water. I must say, though, that the lenses are crystal clear on Atomic masks. If it fits you, the mask is great.

Tried on a bunch of other masks from Atomic, Cressi, Tusa and none fit. Picked up an Evo mask which seems to fit good but the shop manager told me that the quality is not as good as the big names (Cressi, Atomic, etc.). Don't know who Evo is either so I'm feeling like I may have made a bad choice

Looking at the Hollis M1 and SeaDive masks now.

Sigh. Picking a mask that is nice and fits well is so tough. :(

If the Evo mask fits it is a better mask than every mask that doesn't fit. Some people never find a mask that fits. An Evo mask is kind of like Kirkland AAA Batteries or Kirkland Añejo; the only big differences are the amount of profit made by the stores and the amount you pay the stores.

Going back a couple days; you were diving in the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary waters, not John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom