Hangair??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Both myself and my customers think the Hangair is a great product-and a super gift idea. (you know, for that diver that has "everything"?)

Yeah, I am looking forward to some quality product. I hope it works well on the dry suit.

I ordered it a as a trial and error base.

If anybody is interested in making their own version of the Hangair, you might want to consider a bathroom vent fan as they can be cheap, run on 120v (easier to figure out how to power) and typically have a decent CFM. For instance, the Broan model 688 is about 50 CFM and is under $15 at certain home improvement mega-stores.

Personally, I'm making my version of the Hangair out of PVC with holes drilled in the PVC to let air escape at all points on the inside of the wetsuit. I've already made a little bootie drying rack out of PVC that I plan on hooking up to the vent as well.

Yeah. I was thinking about a DIY version as well. After searching for the parts from the local HW store and Radio Shack. I end up with $45 UK deal.

What I was looking for is a portable design. Your idea will be good for the dry suit dryer rack if the fan is made of the brushless motor.

Update:

Hangair is being sold under UK name at this moment. I hope it comes with UK famous lifetime warranty as well. I just place an order. Let's see how it works...

Where from and for how much? :wink:

Keep us posted on how well it works.

We sell the UK ones in store for $32.40, and we sell out all the time. Haven't added the accessory section up to the website yet, but will be up soon. The only time I have ever used one was to test the drying time on a 7mm suit and it dried the suit pretty well when I was at lunch. I do take long lunches though!

We sell the UK ones in store for $32.40, and we sell out all the time. Haven't added the accessory section up to the website yet, but will be up soon.

OK.. Can you update me as soon as you update your website?
Mine is on the way right now, if it works well on the dry suit, I would like to get another one.

Sure, ill even put it up right now because well, im not doing to much !. It will be under "Wetsuits" for now.

The link to it on your website isn't working. Let us know when you get it fixed. At $32.40 I'll definitely buy one!

Hangair Review

I could get the package right before T-Giving as planned and had a chance to run this toy over holiday.
The box clearly shows that this is “UK” product. Now, the hangair has UK sticker on the upper front.

Pictures

The wide shoulder construction seems to be big enough to hold the suit, but it is a little bit bulky to put it on the dry suit. Technically, this toy can’t but be a fat/bulky design to mount a large fan (about 5 inch) inside and secures enough space to blow an air from the top to the bottom. However, the shoulder construction isn’t a long enough to hold the sleeves like the Ultimate Hanger (picture in my previoue post) so that the sleeve falls down. The fan blows more than enough air to dry out the sleeves first. However, this falling sleeve design is also a big air leaking point later (mentioned below). It is definitely bulky for an air traveler.

There are two power modes, Hi and LO, on the fan. On “HI” mode, it pushes a strong air blow to dry out the upper part immediately and I can see a few water drops through each sleeve (impressed) after a few min running. The continuous air blows inflates the upper part of the suit like an air balloon, but an air doesn’t reach to the bottom of the dry boot. There is a lot of air flows/losses through the wrist seal, so I block both wrists to see if more air can reach to the bottom, but there is no change that much. That is, it takes a long time to dry out your boot area completely. I run four hrs, but the boot area isn’t completely dried out.

The fan on “HI” mode makes much more noise than your desktop computer’s one. The “LO” mode will be a big help if you need to sleep with at the motel room.

Pictures

The air should flow through the neck seal, but the neck seal doesn’t guarantee a clear air inlet due to the overall size. My neck size is 16”, but the seal almost covers half of the air inlet (However, it doesn’t cause any noise issue).

Pictures

Verdict: On the dry suit (trilaminate) application, this Hangair is NOT more effective than merely pulling the suit inside out. However, it might be different story on other dry suit materials (notoriously long dry out time), cordura and crushed neoprene, and wet suit. My review is only limited in a trilaminated dry suit.

If you easily get to be pesky (simply lazy), it will be another good toy at $33 price range with UK lifetime warranty. But, IMHO it isn’t worth for $45 that I paid for.

I can only flip my CF200 inside out so far, that is why I purchased a Hangair. It works pretty well and I agree it is loud. To keep the neck seal open I cut the bottom off of a food type tub IE Cool Whip container, and insert it in the neck seal.

Back
Top Bottom