Hangair??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone actually has used a Hangairs product?

I would like to hear your review.

Thanks in advance,

I have not, but know someone that use it and tells me it works very well. I actually want to get one for myself, but keep forgetting...

Thanks for your feedback...

My biggest concern is a durability of the fan. It only comes with one year warranty, so I would like to hear an actual review.

I have one! It really reduces drying time! No more having to turn my 7mm inside out an it drys in no time at all. The hangair also seem's to help with the shape of my wetsuit versus regular scuba hangers. I even use it on my drysuit to remove some trapped condesation. Very good product!

I use one for my drysuit. Works great.

The power supply died within a couple of hours of use. One phone call to the company and after asking a few questions to confirm the problem, they shipped me out a new power supply. Excellent customer service!!

The fan is basically a computer fan, so it should not be hard to replace. The power supply is nothing special, other than the long cord. A regular extension cord would allow you to use a Radio Shack power supply if it failed off warranty.

OMG.. It is a computer fan.

So, basically, I can get the same functionality with a computer fan and a 9v battery?

OMG.. It is a computer fan.

So, basically, I can get the same functionality with a computer fan and a 9v battery?

Well thats pretty much like every product. Most things you can macguyver something up that works similarly, usually it won't work as well or as long as a commercial product (not all the time though). The same as how you can make your own wetsuits by getting a role of neoprene and having at it. But sometimes its just not worth the effort to DIY.

My LDS loves these, he says it drys his wetsuit out very quickly and keeps the shoulders and neck shaped nicely.

That said and done, I will probably end up with one by the end of the weekend.

I have this hanger already. So I am thinking about adding on the fan if hangar is using a computer fan. I agree DIY won't be fancier than the stock model though. I just want to utilize the stock that I have already.

BTW, I have a couple of quesiton below

what is a required minimum fan speed?
Computer accessory is using 9v or 12v? I am thinking it might be able to hook up with the canister battery if it is 12v range.

hangernew1.GIF

Coincidently, the Hangair is on sale at LP from Today. LOL~~~

It is $45....

Have you considered picking up a 120mm computer fan that runs on AC? I used to get them every time I bought a new stereo rack so I could provide cooling and airflow. Then you don't have to muck about with power supplies and DC conversion.

120VAC 4" Fan

They come with just two leads, but it's easy enough to hack off the cord of an old lamp and solder it on (or simply use wire nuts and a bunch of electric tape if you're afraid of soldering irons). All you need to do is figure out a way to jury rig an attachment to the hanger and you're in business with your poor-man's DIY Hangair. :D

Given that the fans cost $25, and the Hangair is $45, it's a small savings, but a savings nonetheless.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom