Hand Signals for Remaining Gas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Showing your buddy your pressure guage is clearly the best method but in practicve the fist for 500PSI plus how ever many fingers for each 100 PI works well because it is simple and understandable.

Regards

I think I have used most of these methods depending on who my buddy has been. I like showing the gauges to each other but I make sure we discuss what we will be doing prior to the dive. Make sure both are familiar with each others gear as if one is measuring pressure in psi and the other in bar then your going to have fun if you dont figure it out.

Rick I follow pretty much the same as you listed, although for zero, I do an upside down ok.

The OK signal with all 4 fingers in a circle, moved in a forward and backward movement means something else in Australia, a signal that you DONT want to be giving to your buddy.:D

I use whatever system the divemaster deisgnates before the dive begins when communicating with him or her. As far as my dive buddy goes its one finger per 100 psi. Its easy to remember and hard to mistake.

Aquamaniac once bubbled...
Rick I follow pretty much the same as you listed, although for zero, I do an upside down ok.

The OK signal with all 4 fingers in a circle, moved in a forward and backward movement means something else in Australia, a signal that you DONT want to be giving to your buddy.:D
'

We use both hands, making many full-hand circles (4-fingers to thumb) around the vicinity of our head.

but my buddy and I like to use the following as it only requires one hand to communicate numbers.

When queried for "psi remaining?':

Each vertical finger = 1000 psi
Closed fist = 500 psi
Each horizontal finger = 100 psi

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom