Hammerheads dive in June?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverSteve, We rented tanks from the activity kiosk at the Sheraton years ago to dive Black Rock, but when we tried again a couple of years ago, they said they don't do that anymore and you have to dive with them to get tanks.

I think the two choices do it now are to either drop all your gear and buddy north of the Sheraton and dive Black Rock "backwards," which isn't always the best given the currents. OR rent AL63 tanks (for lighter weight), park in the parking structure and walk in on the paved path between the Sheraton and Kaanapali Beach Hotel.

Sorry you had to come home Steve, I'm somehow sure you're already planning your next trip. :wink: I'll be there for a non-diving "girl's week" in 3 weeks, then for a regular dive trip in August. :)

Thanks again all.
Scuba Mike is the one op. who I had not looked at yet.
I'm the only cert. diver, and my 2 kids will be doing at least their first discovery/intro dive- hopefully more!

Sorry you had to come home Steve, I'm somehow sure you're already planning your next trip.
03.gif
How did you know that LOL. Yes I am in the planning stage right now. Thinking December so I can see the whales, if I can wait that long without riding those scooters.

Who do you think you're kidding? Six months before you get back?? I just don't believe you! :wink: I have trouble waiting 4 months, I can't imagine 6 anymore. <LOL>

Your right, it just hit me. I just gotta go back. My wife broke her foot the second night we were there just a week and a half ago so she had crutches the whole trip "YUCK". So I guess I have a reason to go back sooner then December, and then again in dececember. Maybe I will see you in August LOL

Black rock does not rent tanks or gear to people not in their classes. There is a Maui Dive Shop in Kaanapali that will give a good rate on weights and tanks and anything else you need. Wes t end shore dives are all pretty good. Also consider Olawalu about 8 miles south of Lahaina for the prettiest corals around the Island.
DivemasterDennis

Any comments on the "Manta dives" offered by a couple op's- mid June?

Back
Top Bottom