Hammerheads, 40m, no safety stop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hi to do this dive, would be stupid and foolish, too much to take into account. the operator who is recommending this should be suspended.
cheers

capeofstorms_pierre:
hi to do this dive, would be stupid and foolish, too much to take into account. the operator who is recommending this should be suspended.
cheers

Suspended? That would be difficult to do here but would be welcome. Right this very minute I am watching the news and they are showing fisherman cutting up whalesharks on the dock they caught today. People are celebrating and that is why its on. Anything goes here....like it or not.

First, you say "grab a hold of whatever you can" at depth. What is "whatever."

Second, you're supposed to wait till you have only enough air for an ascent.

Don't understand either of these. How do you grab hold of whatever you can? What if you can't.

Not keeping a few hundred extra psi when beginning an ascent in case of an emergency is just foolhardy. Committing to no safety stop from a max time dive at 40 m is suicidal.

Short answer: no. I wouldn't do this dive and wouldn't associate with anyone who did or even considered it seriously.

This is either a troll or reflective of the adolescent testosterone approach to diving (and life). (I double dare ya!)

moxie:
First, you say "grab a hold of whatever you can" at depth. What is "whatever."

Second, you're supposed to wait till you have only enough air for an ascent.

Don't understand either of these. How do you grab hold of whatever you can? What if you can't.

Not keeping a few hundred extra psi when beginning an ascent in case of an emergency is just foolhardy. Committing to no safety stop from a max time dive at 40 m is suicidal.

Short answer: no. I wouldn't do this dive and wouldn't associate with anyone who did or even considered it seriously.

This is either a troll or reflective of the adolescent testosterone approach to diving (and life). (I double dare ya!)

Moxie....go to this website and have a look. http://www.greenislanddiving.com/hammerhead-sharks.htm
This is not the dive group I am refering to that mentioned the dive to me. I have not been on the dive so your guess is as good as mine for the definition of "whatever". Clearly stated in earlier post that I was not going to do the dive and opted to do with another group that dives is a safe manner. The reason for the thread is ask if you would do the dive. I'm just the messeger not the boat captain or in charge of the dive.

hi shell
wellit seems the east is raping the oceans for everything ,in SOuth Africa we have problems with sharks finning and abalone poaching , and all of this is driven by the eastern markets unfortunalty Like you i ama big lover of sharks
pity< the worlddoes not see it ourway

cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom