Hammerhead. Asia. May/Jane = Where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Am thinking either Sipadan
Well, even though my only ever hammerhead in 10 years diving was Sipadan in february period... I wouldn't bet so. May weather might be too warm for them to come up in the 40m depth zone...

I've been told that on some spots in Manado/Bunaken like Batu Kapal, early in the morning there could be good chances. Done it once... no luck and pissed off by early morning dives.

btw, Vandit thanks for your reply about Havelock accoms, check VI Resort mail pls for availabilities request :)

Tubattaha, between march and June (North reef)
Rashdoo Atoll Maldives : all year long.
Red Sea : Brothers Islands, Daedalus Reef or Sudan, difficult to avoid the hammerheads on thoose spots, but the red sea is on the asian border :)

@ Luko : Hi ! Still wet ?

frogfish:
We saw them on the 2 morning dives for three days in a row - Depth was about 35 m.
Biggest school was around 50 individuals.

thanks Froggie... good to hear... I'd been hearing mixed reports of HH sightings on Layang Layang.

Ok, apologies for not replying to this thread earlier. Our phone lines and Internet were down, making access very hard. And on that note, Luko, I hope someone replied to your email!

I dont particularly want to go to the Red Sea, Air One. Have dived there and would prefer to check out the stuff closer to home, so to speak, if possible. Of course, if the odds are better, then a Southern route liveaboard it will be. Tubataha, eh? Interesting. A Canadian tour operator who had come to suss us out is running a trip there in May, and maybe I'll jump in on that. That's one of the places I've been itching to dive anyway.

Vandit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom