Halcyon Streamlined P-Valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeguerrero

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just ordered my p-valve from Pacific Rim Aquatics. I got a great deal on the valve that I couldn't pass.

I took a look at DUI's website and all of their prices are going up Nov 1, 2008. I noticed that they will now ask $340 dollars for the Halcyon p-valve starting the the first of the month in November.

Right now they want $300 dollars for installation and the valve, so off I went shopping online and found this one that has replaced the old Halcyon balanced and unbalanced valve.

I got free shipping and no taxes only $169 dollars, I couldn't resist. I looked on the website and DUI charges $95 dollars starting the 1st for installation, I'll call them tommorrow and find out if it's a bit cheaper If I do it before the change in prices so I can save even more.

Well, I'm excited about my new good fortune and only wanted to share with others just in case they are in limbo about whether or not to get a p-valve.

Here is a picture of it:

p-valve2006_05.jpg

The valve will come with everything you need to install it yourself. $95 to install it is crazy expensive.

Here is the way a few of us on the board installed our own (a few different methods discussed):
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/exposure-suits/243061-tls350-tough-enough.html

I found a heated copper pipe melted right thru the suit with ease. Then just follow the directions and you'll be set. I've got about 20 dives on my with absolutely no leaks.

Brain, that's an excellent tip about how to put a hole in the suit. I didn't think of heating a half inch copper pipe, only using it as a punch.

Brain, that's an excellent tip about how to put a hole in the suit. I didn't think of heating a half inch copper pipe, only using it as a punch.

Thanks, be careful though. When you heat the pipe and have the vise grips tight on it you'll find the copper will begin to lose it's form.

Do you know if Extreme exposure is now the same as Halcyon? On the DUI website they call the p-valve by Exreme exposure. So I went looking for that brand online and found one that sells for $175 but as I searched more I found the Halcyon p-valve for $169.

I then noticed that on the DUI website the picture of the p-valve if looked at more closely says Halcyon on top of the valve and then again on the hose. Yet they never call it the p-valve by Halcyon.

So what gives? I'm just a little confused if they are owned by the same CEO?

Thanks,

MG

Someone with better knowledge will give a better reply, I hope. It is my understanding that EE (Extreme Exposure) is the retail side of Halcyon.

Someone with better knowledge will give a better reply, I hope. It is my understanding that EE (Extreme Exposure) is the retail side of Halcyon.

Yeah,

I called DUI and learned that EE is the retailer for Halcyon so the P-valve indeed is made by Halcyon and distributed by Extreme exposure.

I just wanted to make sure I purchased the identical valve that DUI puts into their suits... And sure enough I got it right....

Thanks,

MG

1st one I installed I used a spent .38 casing to punch a hole through the dry suit. Its not a had DIY project just take your time. But I did not need a 1/2" hole and heating it is a great idea.

Intead of using hot pipes, hammers, and any other b.s., it's easiest just to use a small soldering iron.

1st one I installed I used a spent .38 casing to punch a hole through the dry suit. Its not a had DIY project just take your time. But I did not need a 1/2" hole and heating it is a great idea.

I was going to install my own, but since I was sending the thing to Superior for a new neck seal I paid them to install it. They do good work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom