Halcyon Streamlined P-Valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you know if Extreme exposure is now the same as Halcyon? On the DUI website they call the p-valve by Exreme exposure. So I went looking for that brand online and found one that sells for $175 but as I searched more I found the Halcyon p-valve for $169.

I then noticed that on the DUI website the picture of the p-valve if looked at more closely says Halcyon on top of the valve and then again on the hose. Yet they never call it the p-valve by Halcyon.

So what gives? I'm just a little confused if they are owned by the same CEO?

Thanks,

MG
Halcyon is a manufacturer of scuba gear. They are based in High Springs, FL.

Extreme Exposure is a dive shop in High Springs FL.

Both Halcyon and Extreme Exposure are owned by the same man (Jarrod Jablonski). Note that he also started GUE.

Hopefully this clears things up?

Does installing it yourself or going to the LDS mess with the warranty from DUI? Just thought I'd ask since all my add on's to my suit have gone back to DUI but I'd like to save some money on the installation...

DUI wants $95 bucks and I'm going to call my LDS and ask how much they charge since they fix and alter drysuits...

MG

Does installing it yourself or going to the LDS mess with the warranty from DUI? Just thought I'd ask since all my add on's to my suit have gone back to DUI but I'd like to save some money on the installation...

DUI wants $95 bucks and I'm going to call my LDS and ask how much they charge since they fix and alter drysuits...

MG

My assumption is DUI's warranty is on the seams, seals, valves, etc. If you royally screw up the install you'll be paying to fix it, but if you have an issue with the a seam that should have nothing to do with a p-valve install. It may be a good question to pose to the DUI in the manufacturer's forum.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/dui/

All that said, it would really be tough to screw up this install. Here is the manual with the explicit directions on installing:
http://www.halcyon.net/manuals/streamline-pvalve_01b_web.pdf

Can anyone recommend a dive shop here in the bay area that can install my p-valve? I live in Castro Valley and so any dive shops in this area would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

MG

Hey Mike, AWS in San Jose will do it (and the installation is free if you buy the p-valve from them).

Edit - oh, saw you already got it. They'll still give you a good price on installation.

I just ordered the Halcyon valve, and a 3/4" grommet punch from McMaster-Carr. I think I'll be ready for a little single malt when it's done.

Back
Top Bottom