Halcyon service in Jakarta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jungho Kim

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am in Indonesia right now on a big dive trip. We started in Sipadan and half way through that trip the LPI on my Halcyon wing started to leak air into the wing intermittently. Note this is a brand new wing. When I detached the hose amd attached it again underwater, it seemed to stop the leaking. I got through Sipadan but then on the Adelaar liveboard diving Komodo, it got progressively worse. On one dive I had to detach the hose and orally inflate as required the rest of the dive. After the liveaboard, I took it to a dive shop in Bali (Master Selam) that was recommended by the guide and left it there while we spent some time in Ubud thinking I will pick it up on the way to the airport. Well, when I asked to check on a tank it still leaked!! The technician was not in the store so the owner called him. He stated that they replaced all the orings so that it must be a faulty inflator. They clearly did not test it after doing the service!!

Anyway, I am now heading to Jakarta and will be there two days before I head to Sorong and dive Raja Ampat. Can anyone recommend a dive shop in Jakarta that actually know how to service Halcyon inflators? I found Gtech Dive Garage and Livingseas Jakarta that states they sell Halcyon on their site. However, I want to be sure as frankly I do not have time to deal with another sham of a dive shop.

Cheers JK

if they don't service it, the inflators are basically all universal so you can swap it for something else they have for the time being and when you get home I'm sure the guys at Dan's Dive Shop will fix it for you

Why don't you try contacting Halcyon via email to see if they can confirm if the shop can help with your fix?

Why don't you try contacting Halcyon via email to see if they can confirm if the shop can help with your fix?

I took it to living seas and they replaced the inflator. I will take the original inflator to my original dealer when I get back.

This is interesting. We are on a dive trip right now and both of us have brand new Halcyon wings that started doing the same thing! I wonder if they have a bad batch of inflators?

This is interesting. We are on a dive trip right now and both of us have brand new Halcyon wings that started doing the same thing! I wonder if they have a bad batch of inflators?

That is interesting. Halcyon had a recall on their inflators few years ago, I hope this not a repeat. I was able to deal with it on my dives by inflating orally but for many this issue could have meant no dives and ruined an expensive trip.

I just wanted to post an update on my situation.

The next morning I emailed Halcyon about this. I received a very quick response and they had a dealer nearby contact me. They shipped us two new inflators which arrived in time for our next dive days.

I can't say enough good things about Halcyon customer service and the way this was handled. Absolutely outstanding!!:):)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom