Halcyon scout trim piece?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SparkySFD

Reaction score
I recently dove with a Halcyon scout light for the first time. The piece Im wondering about it the rubber part that you twist to turn the light on. My lights front section is clear. It has this rubber "ring" for lack of a better word covering it. Has neat "H's" on it. Neat because my last name starts with H. I lost mine after diving the first time with it. Buddies helped pull my rig out of the water. Somewhere it got lost. Do you have to epoxy the thing on? I just bought another one and should get it today.

Call Halcyon. They should replace it. There have been multiple cases of loss of the light head cover. I lightly sanded the inside of the cover and the sides of the plastic lighthead and used Super Glue. No more problems.

SparkySFD:
I recently dove with a Halcyon scout light for the first time. The piece Im wondering about it the rubber part that you twist to turn the light on. My lights front section is clear. It has this rubber "ring" for lack of a better word covering it. Has neat "H's" on it. Neat because my last name starts with H. I lost mine after diving the first time with it. Buddies helped pull my rig out of the water. Somewhere it got lost. Do you have to epoxy the thing on? I just bought another one and should get it today.

I have 2, and within the first 10 dives, one started to fall off. So I took them both off an "glued" them back on. All was good for many dives. We then went to Coz. I don't know if it was the heat or the salt water...........

I could tell one was starting to get mushy. I lent one to my wife and I had one. (Damn I shoulda pulled them right off before that dive).

Needless to say, if anyone is at the mouth of the Devils Throat at Punta Sur, take a look about 3000' feet down, it's there somewhere!

I felt so dirty for littering :-(

For $130.00CDN a piece, you'd think the $hit would be better than that. Nothing I hate worse than expensive garbage.

My guys say no-way on the halcyon replace/repair. So now I got 2 dorky looking back-up lights.

Several people have had the same problem around here.

Didnt know others had the same problems. Sorry to hear that.

This really chaps my as*. I have a bunch of Halcyon equipment. Been very impressed so far. But this really sucks. If I had know it was a consistent problem would have considered others.

I received my other light today. The light head cover on number 2 feels pretty secure. May attempt to remove it so I can epoxy the sucker on. Has anyone tried that?

I emailed EE where I bought it today. Will post what they reply. Hope they do something.

You know I now remember something. Look at WKPP's website. If you look up pictures of Irvine's equipment you should notice something. Look for his left thigh pocket contents. You will notice a backup light. Now I know its a Scout light without a lighthead cover.

From what I hear -

if you've gotten a new Scout, it shouldn't have this issue. They were aware of the bezels coming off and made a production change.

Personally, I'm with DS - at that kind of scratch for a light, it had better do my laundry, much less stay together when I need it to. I have a Canadian Extreme that I bought used from Lal7176 - I'm looking for a mate for it, rather than get a Scout.

My first scout light was a Christmas present. Bought just last month. Thats the one with an AWOL cover.

I emailed EE about the scout light yesterday. There was an emial from them in my box this morning. They apologized and offered to send me a new bezel and cover right away. They say they had a bad run of adhesive in one production run and have fixed the problem.

Every company is going to have a few glitches. Nobody is perfect. I dont expect everyone to be either. What sets a company apart from all the rest is how they handle a complaint such as this. EE and Halcyon showed they are top notch and way above the rest, for the way this was handled. Im impressed. No hassles, just performance. I will be back when I need another product.

:thumbs_up

Bought a Scout light a few weeks back and dived 21 times in Bonaire with it. The rubber piece came off after maybe 8 or 10 dives. :toliet:

Sent an e-mail to Halcyon two days ago - no response thus far.

Does anyone have experience with an adhesive that will work OK in salt water?

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom