Halcyon regulators from 2019 on

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All they did was add an alloy beauty ring which is functional and have the cover appear as a H. The G250 is not a beauty queen in any version unless it's stark industrial look is found appealing, it is to me. Not sure I see a reason to hate on the Halycon version. The G260 has a similar and functional alloy beauty ring, well, the new cf version does not. I am not offended by any of them though the G250 and the G260/R195 may have a cleaner or more integrated look.

James

Not for me. I have at least 6, and service kits to keep them going for my lifetime and beyond.
Lucky you!!! This is my current regulators situation: Apeks XTX 50 on the D12, H-75P + Halo on the EAN50 S80 and a Scubatec argon first stage on the 0,85L drysuit inflation bottle. I would like another set of brand new 'old' H-75P and Halo/Aura for an extra EAN50 bottle (as a backup for the whole team) and for my Oxy deco bottle.

A lot of shops online still have the pictures of the old ones but they're actually selling the newer versions. I think I have already tried to buy them in 5 or 6 different shops and always ended up with a refund instead of my loved regs.

I admit I prefer the 'old' version, but I'm gradually trying to sell myself on the 'new' ones...

Do you know a shop that still has them?

All they did was add an alloy beauty ring which is functional and have the cover appear as a H. The G250 is not a beauty queen in any version unless it's stark industrial look is found appealing, it is to me. Not sure I see a reason to hate on the Halycon version. The G260 has a similar and functional alloy beauty ring, well, the new cf version does not. I am not offended by any of them though the G250 and the G260/R195 may have a cleaner or more integrated look.

James
I agree! With the 'new' Halcyon version, the Scubapro one is looking better and cleaner.

For the 'old' version I like them both but, being really passionate about the Halcyon brand, I prefer the H version :D

Is the Aura a R190? Or is it a R195?

My issue with the "H" version of the G250 is that it does not have an "S" on it :wink:. An S would make it much better looking !

James

Is the Aura a R190? Or is it a R195?

My issue with the "H" version of the G250 is that it does not have an "S" on it :wink:. An S would make it much better looking !

James
I think it is a R195 but I am not 100% sure about it.

Can Halcyon regulator be matched with MK17 or MK25 ?

Can Halcyon regulator be matched with MK17 or MK25 ?

Like with any second stage you tune it to the first stage.

Back
Top Bottom