Halcyon or Diverite manifold?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Contrary to popular opinion the Halcyon and Dive Rite manifolds are not identical. There are two external differences between the Halcyon and Dive Rite Manifold.

1) The Halcyon burst disk bolts do not require any special tools and are external. The Dive Rite burst disk bolts are recessed and can not be worked with a crescant or open end wrench or pliers.
2) Halcyon does not polish the bead blasted finish, Dive Rite does.

Both DR and H manifolds are bead blasted for a reason. I do not like the fact that DR polishes theirs after the bead blasting. I also do not like the need for special tools.

I have not dissasembled either of these manifolds to inspect internal differences, but you can count on there being some.

My Sea Elite manifold just came in. Although advertized as 1.5 turns, it seems to me that it is 2.5 turns. Does Sea Elite have any markings on them that say they are Sea Elite?

fasorud:
My Sea Elite manifold just came in. Although advertized as 1.5 turns, it seems to me that it is 2.5 turns. Does Sea Elite have any markings on them that say they are Sea Elite?
Thats what I found as well. I don't remember any markings (I know the H's have H's), but my tanks are not in front of me right now.

JeffG:
Thats what I found as well. I don't remember any markings (I know the H's have H's), but my tanks are not in front of me right now.

Just want to make sure I got what I paid for :)

Really~~~~
It isn't a good news. Have you ever contacted DS about this matter?

fasorud:

Rowee:
Contrary to popular opinion the Halcyon and Dive Rite manifolds are not identical. There are two external differences between the Halcyon and Dive Rite Manifold.
The five manifolds in my garage don't have those external differences. A DiveRite and a Halcyon (2001) and three SeaElite (2002).

They all have the same wrench accessible external burst disk nuts and a bead blasted surface.

I just talked with DS about 1 1/2 turn. They made a mistake in the description of Sea Elite manifold. Everything they have sold is 2.5 turns, not 1 1/2 turn at all..

My DR manifold is externally identical to my Sea Elite. Both have burst discs that stick out the back and can be removed with a normal wrench, and neither appear to be polished in any way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom