Halcyon HID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tekkie

Reaction score
Hey,
I was wondering if there are any Proteus 3 10w HID users on this board. If so how do you like the light. Did you regret not going with something a little more powerful or with a longer burn time? Also for all halcyon light users what is the gimble mechanism? I noticed it comes with every light but the Proteus 3's. How do you connect the batteries with out it?
Thanks Just brain storming for the holidays!
Tekkie

Also has anyone owning a new halcyon HID 10w light head ever have a bulb blown? I like the new fully closed design of the light head.
Tekkie

Tekkie,

I have a Halcyon 10 Watt HID Light Head with a Stealth Dive Canister and love it. Once I saw SillyGrendel’s it was just a matter of time till I got one. The light head did flood once soon after I got it. However, Halcyon Customer Service was exceptional; they repaired it and returned it in less than a week including shipping time. Since then I’ve had no other problems.

IMO the “white” light provide by a HID light is much better than the traditional incandescent or even halogen bulbs. The ability to adjust the light beam is a big plus also.

I know they also make an 18 Watt version of the light head also but I can’t imagine what you would need that much light for.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom