Halcyon does it again!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug

Swims with Orca
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I just received and invoice from Halcyon for $0.00 along with a new reflector for my Proteus lighthead.

I had noticed that my light was significantly dimmer than Terkle's Sollys 10w HID. I was bummed. And then I noticed that my light was significantly dimmer than Shane's Halcyon proteus lighthead.

Hmmmm.... looking at the reflector I noticed that mine was no longer shiney like a mirror but had a haze over it.

I was both relieved and concerned... why had this happened? My lighthead has never flooded.

I called Halcyon just as the last person was leaving Friday for the labor day weekend.

And today the reflector arrived. This has been my ongoing experience with this company. Great customer service.

What do you think the haze was the result of?

Do you think it was because of the gasses released by the bulb when striking?

Hmmm...

Glad they took care of it for you.

Chris

The fellow I talked to said that maybe it was from moisture that had gotten into the lighthead... but I've never had a flood and don't remember taking it apart while wet at all.

The haze look like what you would expect to see on a mirror after exhaling from your mouth onto it... like fog from moisture... except it wouldn't wipe off with a soft cloth.

Anyway... they took care of me.

Though it would be nice to never have a problem with anything that necessitated calling the manufacturer... that just isn't real life. But every time I have had a problem Halcyon has fixed it for me.

Nice outcome, customer care counts a long way towards repeats and referals.

I have received all my Halcyon gear in great condition and have never had the need to return any thing (touch wood).

Man, that's GREAT.

I've been fortunete enough never to have problems with SeaQuest, Oceanic, Genesis, Sherwood, Cressi and a few other companies. If anything is to ever to go wrong in the 8+ yrs. I've dealt with those companies, I hope they have the same service.

Glad to hear they took care of that misfortune. Hope it didn't put you out any.

boomx5 once bubbled...
The rubber bezel came off of my scout light(the new style). So I called them today and told them how I had lost it during a training dive. After explaining my situation, they told me not to worry about it and they were sending a new one out free of charge.
That just gives you a warm felling inside :)

I've had similar good experiences with their customer service. My Helios 9 malfunctioned twice (!!!) and was worked on both times quickly and free of charge.

This reflector issue happened twice to a guy i know. Its a very strange problem i thought. It does look there is just moisture on the reflector but it is a permantent part of the reflector - cant rub it off. Worth looking at though if you have a proteus head. In his case, he had a leaking issue that may have caused it to both reflectors. They replaced the whole head so it was taken care of nicely. Mine been quite ok to date. Haven't taken off the cap of mine since i got it though and dont really see a reason too either as long as its watertight.

steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom