Halcyon Back Plate w/ Wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Without knowing more, its a little difficult to estimate. However, plan on between US$500.00 - US$700.00. The difference reflects the precise wing you buy and whether you include extras such as a pocket and a single tank adapter.

I believe that Halcyon list the MSRP of their gear on their website. Check out www.Halcyon.net and look for fair trade pricing. In addition, check out www.extreme-exposure.com for pricing. EE is particularly good if there is no stocking dealer in your area or if the dealer can't get what you want.

Northeastwrecks once bubbled...
Without knowing more, its a little difficult to estimate. However, plan on between US$500.00 - US$700.00. The difference reflects the precise wing you buy and whether you include extras such as a pocket and a single tank adapter.

I believe that Halcyon list the MSRP of their gear on their website. Check out www.Halcyon.net and look for fair trade pricing. In addition, check out www.extreme-exposure.com for pricing. EE is particularly good if there is no stocking dealer in your area or if the dealer can't get what you want.

It also makes a pretty big difference in the price if you buy a Halcyon backplate or get a copy.

R..

I recomend getting a Halcyon wing w/ maybe another back plate just meake sure it matche, I know the newer 27# pioneer wings dont need single tank adaptors ck around.

WaterDawg once bubbled...
I recomend getting a Halcyon wing w/ maybe another back plate just meake sure it matche, I know the newer 27# pioneer wings dont need single tank adaptors ck around.

That's a good point. You don't actually need a STA with the newer Pioneers.

On the other hand, they take a between 2 - 6 lbs off your belt, depending on whether you buy the regular or the weighted STA. In addition, we've found that the additional distance between the tank and the diver imparted by the STA makes it somewhat easier for the diver to perform a valve drill. YMMV.

You could save a considerable sum of money by buying on Ebay. If you have some patience, check out Ebay every day and look for good deals. Sometimes brand new equipment goes for a fraction of the MSRP.

Northeastwrecks once bubbled...

You don't actually need a STA with the newer Pioneers. ...
In addition, we've found that the additional distance between the tank and the diver imparted by the STA makes it somewhat easier for the diver to perform a valve drill. YMMV.

I thought the additional distance between the tank and diver imparted by the STA would make it *harder* to perform the valve drill. :confused:

Ive only dove w/o the sta so I dont know for sure but yeah it seems like it would make it a bit harder to do valve drills. Harder or not Its wasy easier the w/ my zeagle!

lragsac once bubbled...

I thought the additional distance between the tank and diver imparted by the STA would make it *harder* to perform the valve drill. :confused:
Actually I think it would make it easier.

Without the STA, the tank is very close to your back. Move it away from your back by about half an inch and the tank can sit significantly higher on your back without it hitting your head in the water. Reaching a bit farther back seens easier than a bit farther down in my recent desk chair research.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom