Halcyon Back Plate w/ Wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Halcyon 36 and 45 wings both have the expanding panels at the bottom of the wing on the OUTSIDE.

The 27 does not.

The Oxycheq 30 does not have the panels at all, and the 45 has them on the INSIDE, centered on the wing near the tank mounting area. As such the Oxycheq expands closer to the center of mass and buoyancy, and as a consequence the trim does not materially change.

It DOES with the Halcyon wings (speaking from ~100 dives worth of experience with the Halcyon Pioneer 36 here.)

Hey, i am wanting to set me up a bp/wing. but would like the wing to float single or doubles will the trex work. i do not want to buy to sep wings... and who has the best prices on bp/wings

The profile of doubles is different enough tnan a single tank that a wing designed for one will not work well with the other at all.

I know people who have tried this, and none of them have been happy. In some cases it can even be unsafe, as doubles typically require more lift due to their greater buoyancy shift (more gas = more buioyancy shift.)

I just got into this stuff myself and have ordered the Oxycheq 45# single tank wing and recently redesigned Dive Rite back plate which also does not require a STA.

Jason

jbb once bubbled...
I just got into this stuff myself and have ordered the Oxycheq 45# single tank wing and recently redesigned Dive Rite back plate which also does not require a STA.

Jason
What plate is this? I don't see anything about it on their web site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom