Hair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gldnrm01

Registered
Reaction score
My poor wife is really frustrated with hair tangling and tugged with her mask. She doesn't want to go with the complete hood routine and look like a knight from the 12th century. so a fashionable doo-rag might work - specially some kind of lycra? i don't know saw something on-line a while back but cannot locate the website - any suggestions?

gldnrm01:
My poor wife is really frustrated with hair tangling and tugged with her mask. She doesn't want to go with the complete hood routine and look like a knight from the 12th century. so a fashionable doo-rag might work - specially some kind of lycra? i don't know saw something on-line a while back but cannot locate the website - any suggestions?

Try here Dee Rags by our very own Dee :D

gldnrm01:

Is she already using a neoprene strap or strap cover?

Beanie

I had the same problem, I have long hair as well. I put a neoprene strap cover on my mask and it has made life much easier. Another trick I've discovered is when using a snorkel keeper, I attach it to my strap upside down so that the part of the clip that opens faces up, it seems to be less prone to getting stuck in my hair this way. The biggest difference was the strap cover, I'll never go without one again!

Another tip (besides suggestions given already) - try Sebastian Laminates conditioner, works great to detangle fine hair :) I have long fine hair and use (1) conditioner (2) fabric pony-tail holder with final loop only half-tugged through (3) hood if cold and (4) neoprene strap cover. Don't really wear snorkel anymore as have never needed it.

I also have long hair, I'll put conditioner in it dry, then tie it up in one of the flat curved barrettes and put my Dee-Rag over top. No problems. Also use a wide tooth comb to comb it out.

I have a ton of hair and the strap cover works well for me and I usually don't even tie my hair back. Have her try one and she will see it makes all the difference in the world.

Back
Top Bottom