Haigh Quarry Friday April 14th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tina says she will be open on Friday the 14th but it looks like I am the only one off work. Nordic diver (Bill) is delayed in getting their boat in the water otherwise I would have been diving the car ferry on the 14th and again on the 15th.

I'll be there on Saturday getting my dry suit cert., although listening to the rain and wind outside I think I might have gone nuts :icoeek: . Friday the 14th I'll be in Alabama then leave for Bonaire on the 22nd.

Buddha64:
I'll be there on Saturday getting my dry suit cert., although listening to the rain and wind outside I think I might have gone nuts :icoeek: . Friday the 14th I'll be in Alabama then leave for Bonaire on the 22nd.

You are the second person I know going to Bonaire this month. You know, that warm water gets pretty old after awhile.

Dean810:
You are the second person I know going to Bonaire this month. You know, that warm water gets pretty old after awhile.
Can't wait to find out, will be my first dives in salt water.

OK, I'll be there on Sunday in the AM with some wetsuit divers. Yikes. Anyone else for Sunday?

I'm up for Sunday...any particular time you plan on arriving? The forecast sure looks nice...

How bad is it there this time of year in a 7mm? I am anxious to get back in the water.

jmps:
How bad is it there this time of year in a 7mm? I am anxious to get back in the water.
The water temp will probably be in the low 40s. I think that most people can enjoy 55f+ in a 7mm. If you are really itchy to get wet, it's can be done, but the dives tend to be shorter and the surface intervals are freezing. A lot of it depends on your individual metabolism/body etc. If you usually don't get too cold, then it might work.

The vis is nice this time of year. :wink:

I'll be there at 8am. I think the wetsuits will show up around 9am. Look for my black Jetta and I'll dive with you

Great, I'll see you then...I'll be driving a yellow Xterra.

Steve

do it easy:
The water temp will probably be in the low 40s. I think that most people can enjoy 55f+ in a 7mm. If you are really itchy to get wet, it's can be done, but the dives tend to be shorter and the surface intervals are freezing. A lot of it depends on your individual metabolism/body etc. If you usually don't get too cold, then it might work.

The vis is nice this time of year. :wink:

Thanks for the info. I think I will wait a bit. Maybe a dry suit is in my future but it isn't in my present. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom