Haigh is open!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I havn't talked to anyone at Haigh, but I'll be in the Chi area tomorrow taking a class with Capt. Dale and plan to give Haigh a try on Sunday. :auto:

Has anybody talked to the Haigh Quarry staff this week? Tried to call several times this afternoon to confirm the open water reports before making the trip down this weekend, but all I got was a busy signal.

It is open and the ice should be gone. We were diving there last Saturday.

Duane

It is open and the ice should be gone. We were diving there last Saturday.

Duane

Thanks. Chris talked with them this morning. We're heading down tomorow.

Maybe next time. Have fun with your guests :mooner:.

For those that have been waiting, Haigh Quarry is open! Nearly all the ice is gone now, except for a small section along the deep end, but it is disappearing fast. I did two dives today, water was about 41 degrees. Viz was "ok" but I expected better. I think it could be that the recent ice melt may have made things a little milky.

Hey Deano,
Looks like we may be down to Haigh with a small group soon,The big pool (LM) is open but only the deeper sites offer any fair vis-Bay of Green bay ice is going quick and looks to be a week or two and will be reinstalling some moorings and hitting some sites prior to the algae bloom in the bay!
How was Florida? I had a blast diving even did a vintage dive at weeki wachee spring's
Let me know when you plan to get up this way and any group plans for summer Milwaukee-Doorcounty?
Brad

For those that have been waiting, Haigh Quarry is open! Nearly all the ice is gone now, except for a small section along the deep end, but it is disappearing fast. I did two dives today, water was about 41 degrees. Viz was "ok" but I expected better. I think it could be that the recent ice melt may have made things a little milky.

Hey Deano,
Looks like we may be down to Haigh with a small group soon,The big pool (LM) is open but only the deeper sites offer any fair vis-Bay of Green bay ice is going quick and looks to be a week or two and will be reinstalling some moorings and hitting some sites prior to the algae bloom in the bay!
How was Florida? I had a blast diving even did a vintage dive at weeki wachee spring's
Let me know when you plan to get up this way and any group plans for summer Milwaukee-Doorcounty?
Brad

Hey Brad!

I had a very good time at Boynton Beach. Couldn't do Underwater Explorers, on account he had his boat out of the water, and I was the only one signed up, so didn't pay for him to put it back in. But he gave me notice and the number for Splashdown, so I spent a day doing four dives with them. First warm water for me in three years! Saw my first Scorpion fish, thanks to a fellow GLWC member that I dove with pointing it out to me. It is a small world.

I'm supposed to go out on a charter next weekend, weather permitting, in the Milwaukee area. I have already dove LM once this year...on New Years Day...34 degree water! :)

I'm putting together a Door County weekend again this year, this time on June 20-22. It would be great if you came along. Check out 2nd Annual Door County Weekend! June 20-22 - The Chicago Scuba Meetup Group (Chicago, IL) - Meetup.com for more info. Still need more people, so I plan on posting it on Scubaboard this weekend.

I really want to dive on your boat again. The Northerner and Niagara calls!

-Dean

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom