Hagupit threatens Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
They will probably have a different name for the storm there. They get more than any other country so are probably generally able to handle the effects, but diving will be affected...

wp201422_5day.gif

But now a full Cat-5 expected to hit hard. Going to do more than cancel diving...

wp201422_sat.jpg

Will be there at the end of the month. I'll give a report.
I think it's called Ruby locally. She is on track & strength to do major damage. Hoping for the best, and that where you're going is still there.

Thanks. My wife is supposed to leave tomorrow for Cebu City. Supposedly they aren't supposed to take a direct hit with the typhoon moving further north. All we can do is hope and say prayers for the people in its path.

Thanks. My wife is supposed to leave tomorrow for Cebu City. Supposedly they aren't supposed to take a direct hit with the typhoon moving further north. All we can do is hope and say prayers for the people in its path.
I flew into the path of a Cat-5 once thinking surely it'd veer off. I left a couple days later and started reading forecasts more closely & seriously.

That is one big storm to dodge. Hope her flight paths don't cross its, but I guess you have researched it well and have local contacts. I bet the airline would allow a free change of date tho.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom