H2O Audio mounting options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TONY CHANEY

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have just received an iriver and H2O Audio case (rated to 300') which is rather large. I was thinking of several mounting options, i.e. strap it to my deco tank and when I return to the tank use it. I wanted to see what others are doing. Any and all input welcomed.

I keep it in my pocket. It isn't used until deco anyway, so I don't need it accessible. I haven't used mine on cave dives, so that might be a different story.

But does not sound like a blast listening to music while doing something like Waterhole? How do you like it?

Mine stays in my thigh pocket until deco. Then it just floats around me with the headphones tucked under my hood. It is not the highest quality and many others have complained about the sound, but I find it very acceptable and it helps the deco seem to pass quicker.

I don't wear it during the dive for the simple fact that I want to be able to hear my surroundings, including my rebreather.

---------- Post added November 9th, 2013 at 08:12 PM ----------

Tony, PM me your email address and I will send you a pic of a mod that I am sure you will appreciate. Nothing worse than getting ready to listen to music and the 9 volt battery is dead by getting accidentally turned on in your pocket.

Tony, PM me your email address and I will send you a pic of a mod that I am sure you will appreciate. Nothing worse than getting ready to listen to music and the 9 volt battery is dead by getting accidentally turned on in your pocket.

Me too, dude. Has happened a bunch of times.

IMG320.jpg

IMG321.jpg

Made from 3/8" fuel line from an auto parts store.

I accept donations for use of my genius ideas BTW. In Kens case it is mandatory though.

Thanks Dsix36 and I was actually thinking that it would be too easy to hit on during the dive. So most just tuck the ear phones unfer the hood vice using the mask clips? I have no idea why there is a light which, not having seen it underwater, i have no idea why they included it. It seems to me that if the Mfg wanted to include a light then they would have made it to light up the buttons and switches.

I have never used the clips for the ear pieces. Just tuck under the hood. I don't know what Don does. I have never had any interest in what is under his hood.

I have never used the clips for the ear pieces. Just tuck under the hood. I don't know what Don does. I have never had any interest in what is under his hood.

According to many others, there is nothing under my hood. Of course, they are complete idiots.

Thanks Dsix36 and I was actually thinking that it would be too easy to hit on during the dive. So most just tuck the ear phones unfer the hood vice using the mask clips? I have no idea why there is a light which, not having seen it underwater, i have no idea why they included it. It seems to me that if the Mfg wanted to include a light then they would have made it to light up the buttons and switches.

Yes, under the hood seems to be the easiest for me. I don't want to fumble with using the clips to try to secure it underwater.

The light that you are referring to is actually to indicate that the amplifier (9v battery part) is turned on. I do not know the reasoning for the light either, but it is handy once in awhile to know if the amp is off when stowing the player. If you are not actually listening to the player, you can not tell if the amp is turned off or not without the light for reference.

Feel free to ignore kwinter. He has been using his since the dinosaurs roamed and still had to ask me how to solve this simple issue.

Feel free to ignore kwinter. He has been using his since the dinosaurs roamed and still had to ask me how to solve this simple issue.

When stowing it topside between dive days, my simple solution is to flip the 9v battery around so there is no chance of power. But you are right to ignore me. I prefer it that way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom